What is verdict on the DB9

Alpha13

What I think of the DB9 as an owner of one.  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the db9 as a an edc

• It rocks, get one
    • Pretty good, just quirky
    • Don't bother

I have been thinking about one for a while. Would like to know what owners of these weapons have to say.

If you vote please add a comment to explain your answer, and please only vote if you currently own or have owned one in the past.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Alpha

As with most of us, I'm always looking at the next "perfect" little carry gun. For me, this isn't it. For me, the first criteria is hold, feel and fit in the hand, and this one doesn't pass for me. I just don't care for the way it fits and feels in the hand, and not really a fan of the looks either. I've seen a few in several shops in the Nashville area, but couldn't comment on the sales numbers.

But as always, this is just my opinion, and yours will vary.

Just from last few threads here and elsewhere, sounds like they've worked out the bugs so that about half of them run without trip back home. :)

Nothing above 124gr bullets, no NATO or +p rated rounds, that sounds dicey.

Saw quite a few at last gunshow here.

- OS

Guest deadsquirrel

Love mine! relatively accurate and a dream to carry. No jams with recommended ammo (<147 grain). NOT a range toy for sure

Edited by deadsquirrel

I still carry mine as a backup to a Glock 9mm. It is reliable, accurate and so easy to carry. If you have fleshy, big or weak hands stay away from this thing. This is a 7 shot fire breathing dragon that one must learn to shoot fast one-handed. You can shoot it two-handed in a Weaver, modified Weaver or Isoleses stance but what is the point? This thing is for up close, personal and fast. This is a no slide lock gun so anything that goes wrong with this in an emergency is going to pose a training and handling issue.

Most folks would be better off with a S&W Airweight .38, unless you like non-printing pocket carry 9mm in "relaxed" fit shorts or pants. Although I have reliable snubbies I prefer to carry the DB9.

• Like 1