P226 or P30?

hlb14

I'm looking for a home defense and range gun and have narrowed it down to these two i believe. I prefer it to be da/sa so that would make the P30 a v3 correct? As for the sig it would either be a MK25 or an unfired '93 model. Those of you who have experiance with both/either which would you go with and why? I haven't shot a HK yet but have held it and i liked it alot, i'm gonna try and rent one this weekend.

Edited by hlb14
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a P226R DAK that is easily my favorite handgun that I have ever owned, the DAK trigger system is phenominally smooth and consistant, it feels more like squeezing the trigger of a finely tuned custom revolver than it does a factory semi-auto trigger, granted you said DA/SA but the DAK trigger is definately an improvement, at least IMHO.

I've had experence with the SiG 226 DA/SA and just like the SiG 220 it has to have several hundred round's run through it before the action smooth's out. The one's I've handled and owned ran just fine right out of the box but once they'd been fired enough to break them in they became much nicer with noticible improvements in the DA and SA trigger pull's. As for the reset and trigger take up the time spent with the pistol on the range is in your best intrest.

Hlb14, well like I mentioned previously the DAK trigger is very smooth and consistant, it literally is more like squeezing the trigger on a finely tuned custom revolver than a factory trigger on a semi-auto, because of how smooth and consistant each stroke of the trigger is I find it to be very accurate even on the first stroke, which on traditional DA/SA pistols is much heavier and can cause the first round to be less accurate than the following SA rounds.

The DAK also features a choice between two reset points, a long reset and a short reset, the long reset has a lighter weight to its stroke and I have found it to be very accurate because of the lighter weight of the stroke doesnt move the weapon off target during the squeeze, while the shorter reset is a couple of pounds heavier but allows for quicker follow-up shots

I have had Sig 226's and still have a HK P30. That should say which gun I like best. The P30 is lighter and is a very accurate weapon with good mag capacity. The P30 with night sights and a rail light is my house gun. I too like DA/SA.

I'm looking for a home defense and range gun and have narrowed it down to these two i believe. I prefer it to be da/sa so that would make the P30 a v3 correct? As for the sig it would either be a MK25 or an unfired '93 model. Those of you who have experiance with both/either which would you go with and why? I haven't shot a HK yet but have held it and i liked it alot, i'm gonna try and rent one this weekend.

I actually had the same choice and went with the P226 and I love that gun. The only bad thing is that I like the elite frame over the stock.

Guest twpayne75

well, decided to go with a P30 v3, can't wait to get it to the range :cool: gonna have to put some night sights on it though, any recomendations?

Did yours come with the Luminova sights? I am actually finding that I like them. Even after several hours of sitting on my nightstand they are still glowing more than enough to pick them up in the dark.

Just bought a P30 V2, converted to V1, waiting for mail on Monday to bring a spring from HKparts to convert to TGS.

Did yours come with the Luminova sights? I am actually finding that I like them. Even after several hours of sitting on my nightstand they are still glowing more than enough to pick them up in the dark.

Just bought a P30 V2, converted to V1, waiting for mail on Monday to bring a spring from HKparts to convert to TGS.

yes it did come with the Luminova sites, i'm gonna give them a chance but i like the trijicon hd sights i've got on my sig much better, but I don't think they are available for the HK

well, decided to go with a P30 v3, can't wait to get it to the range :cool: gonna have to put some night sights on it though, any recomendations?

See....You should have bought the Sig! They come with night sights!

Congrats on the new gun! Enjoy!

See....You should have bought the Sig! They come with night sights!

Congrats on the new gun! Enjoy!

the trijicon sights i've got on my P228 are not available for the HK P30 yet, lgs is pushing meprolight sights, i'm still waiting to hear back from trijicon though

Guest twpayne75

Have you ever decided on night sights? Went shooting the other night at Coal Creek and it was dark as hell in there. I actually ended up putting my X300 on my P30 and fired a couple hundred rounds with it. Luckily I always carry it in my pocket.

I have looked around at night sights and they seem to be kind of limited for the P30.