Should I trade (glock people chime in )

I have a glock 27 gen4 with 9mm conversion barrel and g26 mag. The gun is in awesome shape I have a serpa holster I would part with. So far the only offers I have had were for glock 23 gen3 some are better condition than others. I really want a glock 19. Would it be smart to trade my 27 for a 23 and have to purchase a conversion barrel. I need some advice guys. Should I hope to find a like new gen3 or gen4 23? Then ask for cash for the conversion. I'm located in smyrna.

Any wisdom will be appreciated.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a 19, hold out for a 19. Or spend the $4-500 and buy one. Conversion barrels can be tricky things sometimes. Another option would be to get the 23 and replace or change out the entire upper+extractor. I still think your best bet is to buy a 19.

I have four Glocks, only one a G21 Gen4, other three are Gen3. I too want a G19 Gen4, but do not want to part with other Glocks. Why not add conversion grip to use G23 mag in G27. Then watch for G19. You cann't have too many Glocks.

The wife is stepping on the wallet currently. She found receipts for my last ar build. So that put a end to buying another toy for a while.I would only use the conversion for cheap plunking and I would carry the 40 So I am torn

I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 with the upgraded RSA. I couldn't be happier with it. I took my defensive handgun class with it and use it for carry and as a bedside gun with CT laser guard. It does nothing special but it does everything right.

Guest poboyspecial

Don't get me wrong, I too love the Glock. My question is why you are so bent on the 9mm? You have decent Glock already. I say enjoy what you have until you can save enough money to buy the 19, although I prefer 40 or 45 calibers.

get the 23 dude, i have always had 19 or 17's, but with all the extras they have to convert the 40 to 9mm just get the 23, all the 22 stuff will fit on the 23 so if the SHTF most law enforcement divisions in our area use the 22 and everything, even though it is a little extended, will fit on your gun

Just had a offer what should I do. Brand new glock 19 gen3 comes with 4 mags and 400 rounds of ammo . He would be driveing, five hours to meet me . Does it sound good?

Sounds good to me, especially since he is willing to do all of the driving, in my truck the cost of gasoline burned alone be worth almost the purchase price of the pistol LOL.

In my opinion the G-19 is the best of the Glock product line and the G-19 Gen 4 is the most comfortable to carry or shoot. I base this on overall size, weight, sight radius and cost to operate the pistol. Factoring in the overall improvements in 9mm Para ammunition your really not giving up enough to quible over in the caliber wars either.

With my 27 the wife and I would always plink with 9mm ammo and carry .40 I noticed with my 9mm conversion my wifes groupings would be tighter and overall she liked the less snappy recoil compared to the 40. I am trying to get her into shooting more and I think I could aquire a g23 quicker if she claims the 19 as her own

I just traded for a G19 Gen4 and have ordered the 3.5# connector. This will be my house gun and backup carry. Hard to beat 9mm price, fire power (3 -15 rd mags) and improved performance.The G19 will be added to my other Glocks: G21 Gen4, G26 Gen3, G33 Gen3, G36 Gen3. M&P 45c is maybe better than the Glock 36.