celebration replacement

Guest nysos

Guest nysos

I have 2 really good potential job offerings coming up which will give me a significant pay increase. Recently I traded my sig p229 and AR15 towards a motorcycle. I plan to replace one of them as a present to myself for the new job after I get a couple of pay checks.

What has bothered me though is the possibility of other toys. I mean, I know I am going to eventually get another 229 and AR15, but I am not sure if I should get one as the celebratory gift. Other toys that have come through my mind are getting a lower and starting the SBR process, or getting a 45 (1911, p220, or S&w m&p at top of list). Decisions decisions, I have also wanted a sig pro sp2022 in 9mm for some time, so why not consider that as well?

With the prospect of firearms getting slashed by either presidential candidate come november, which category might get slashed first? That is the only reason I am thinking maybe get my AR15 replaced first, compared to the handguns that I want.

Input on my mindless ramblings?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer

this is a question / issue that has pondered me as well...

if it were me, i would get the AR first. Since I am sure that will be one of the firearms that will be in the "crosshairs" if something happens.

then bulk up and ammo...and wait it out!!! ha ha ha

maybe an Ak as well???

i think pistols are not going to be an issue right away?? maybe just issues with magazine capacity??

i dont know for fact though? i am not an expert on the current issues!

so maybe even bulk up on any hi cap mags?

i am bulking up on cheap ammo and surplus ammo for my older guns.

i am also bulking up on cheap C&R rifles. mosins and the like....

they are only going up and up....

best retirement plan IMHO....

Guest nysos

I don't mind having to pay a little more for something, as long as I can still get it. What I am worried about is the "not being able to get it at all" idea.

I plan on buying probably a half dozen stripped lowers just to hold on to as well after my next gun purchase, figure I can always build a rifle around them later on.

Guest 6.8 AR

I have 2 really good potential job offerings coming up which will give me a significant pay increase. Recently I traded my sig p229 and AR15 towards a motorcycle. I plan to replace one of them as a present to myself for the new job after I get a couple of pay checks.

What has bothered me though is the possibility of other toys. I mean, I know I am going to eventually get another 229 and AR15, but I am not sure if I should get one as the celebratory gift. Other toys that have come through my mind are getting a lower and starting the SBR process, or getting a 45 (1911, p220, or S&w m&p at top of list). Decisions decisions, I have also wanted a sig pro sp2022 in 9mm for some time, so why not consider that as well?

With the prospect of firearms getting slashed by either presidential candidate come november, which category might get slashed first? That is the only reason I am thinking maybe get my AR15 replaced first, compared to the handguns that I want.

I wouldn't worry about Romney slashing any weapons, but that is only if he gets elected. The worry is absolutely

there for the current one. Get what would be useful for you immediately, and save for the latter.

Guest nowheretobefound

I wouldn't worry about Romney slashing any weapons, but that is only if he gets elected. The worry is absolutely

there for the current one. Get what would be useful for you immediately, and save for the latter.

I agree, the republican base will not let that happen. Also remember to vote across the board for conservatives (more than likely republicans) in house and senate seats from washington on down to your local level.

Isn't it great to have all those excellent options?! One thing though - I recently attended a Sig factory LE Armorer's course. Several LE agencies were represented, and the instructor was trying to determine which models to concentrate on to best represent different slide configurations, extractor types, etc. Anyway, he held up a Sig Pro and asked "Does anyone's Department issue this piece of ####?" No one responded. He stuck it back in the box, saying "Good!" This was a Sig master armorer instructor, so that really stuck with me.

Guest nysos

Isn't it great to have all those excellent options?! One thing though - I recently attended a Sig factory LE Armorer's course. Several LE agencies were represented, and the instructor was trying to determine which models to concentrate on to best represent different slide configurations, extractor types, etc. Anyway, he held up a Sig Pro and asked "Does anyone's Department issue this piece of ####?" No one responded. He stuck it back in the box, saying "Good!" This was a Sig master armorer instructor, so that really stuck with me.

Then that will be the first negative feedback I have heard regarding that pistol line. That also may be his personal opinion and not based on any facts to it being a "bad" weapon, he may just not like to work on them so I will take that with a grain of salt. If he went into detail as to why he thought it was a P.O.S. I would like to know as I have mulled this model around for some time. I have only seen good words and praise of the sig pro line on various forums, and quite possibly the best bang for your buck at $400 new. Many also have stated it has one of the best triggers for a gun right out of the box.

I know some departments albeit not a large number, do issue the sig pro. Per Wikipedia here are some foreign forces that use it, and if I recall there was a line of sig pro's that was made for a German police force that got imported and many were being sold via summit gun broker.

• 22px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.pngColombia: The Colombian National Police purchased several thousand SP2009 pistols. A quantity of 55,890 SP2022 pistols was also purchased recently.[4]
  • 22px-Flag_of_France.svg.pngFrance: In 2003, French law enforcement and internal security agencies (including the National Gendarmerie, National Police and French Customs) adopted the model SP 2022 in 9x19mm Parabellum to replace the PAMAS and several other pistols in service. Over 250,000 of the SP 2022 were acquired in what would be the largest single order for service handguns since World War II.[5]
  • 22px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.pngMalaysia: Estimated some 2,000 SP2022 pistols were purchased by Royal Malaysia Police for use by special elite units.[citation needed]
  • 22px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.pngPortugal: SIG Pro SP 2022 is used by the Republican National Guard and Public Security Police.[6]
  • 20px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.pngSwitzerland: The SIG Pro is used by the Swiss Military Police (as the Pistole 03).[7] The weapon is also used by some state police departments

everyone needs a 1911 in their life. Right now is a fantastic time to buy as there's a ton of great options in a huge price range.

The Phillipines and Turkey are producing some fine pistols that are being imported here if you want something more budget friendly.

I prefer Rock Island Armory for the cheap pistols as they tend to run and shoot well and are backed up by fantastic customer service out of Nevada.

If you want a slight step up in fitting, while it's still essentially built by RIA, there's always the STI Spartan. They have Armscor (this is the company that makes the RIA and Citidel branded pistols, also, the older Charles Daly 1911's that are marked "Made in Phillipines") make them to their spec.

I think the most important question when it comes to buying a 1911 is how much do you want to spend. You can get a very nice pistol for as little as $450 brand new.