New Gun Show Coming

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adurbin

It looks like the same type of flyer that is put up here in the tri cities for the shows at gray fairgrounds and meadow view.

As I recall it is similar in size to the Jubilee facility here in Knoxville. I think I might check it out, provided its not $10. Just can't see paying that for an unproven show. Let us know if you hear/see anything else about this show.

As a regular gun show attender, my reasons to atend are the 1/3 different people walking around, 1/3 viewing products on the tables, and 1/3 specific purpose. I really enjoy these small town gun shows mainly for different people walking around. I know the vendors are just a regurgitation of last week's big city gun show, but on a smaller scale. However, I keep my hopes up for just maybe an old grandpa that wouldn't normally travel to a gun show in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, or the Tri-Cities, just might on his way back from the local Co-Op stop by and sell that old gun that hasn't been in circulation in over 40 years, and he just wants a fair price based upon when he last looked in Gun Digest (vintage 1970s volume). At least that is what I tell myself. So far I am 0 of 100 (I think).

As I recall it is similar in size to the Jubilee facility here in Knoxville. I think I might check it out, provided its not $10. Just can't see paying that for an unproven show. Let us know if you hear/see anything else about this show.

You sir are right on que.. its not $10 dollars to get in. The poster in the front window of the eatery said $8. I can only assume the dollar off applies as well to bring it down to $7

As a regular gun show attender, my reasons to atend are the 1/3 different people walking around, 1/3 viewing products on the tables, and 1/3 specific purpose. I really enjoy these small town gun shows mainly for different people walking around. I know the vendors are just a regurgitation of last week's big city gun show, but on a smaller scale. However, I keep my hopes up for just maybe an old grandpa that wouldn't normally travel to a gun show in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville, or the Tri-Cities, just might on his way back from the local Co-Op stop by and sell that old gun that hasn't been in circulation in over 40 years, and he just wants a fair price based upon when he last looked in Gun Digest (vintage 1970s volume). At least that is what I tell myself. So far I am 0 of 100 (I think).

I have yet to find that old geezer....still lookin' though. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

This show was a dissapointment ... It seems it was the same show as what comes around to the local NG Armory. About 30 vendors and none of which I could find any to negotiate on anything.. I'll just stick to the big show at the expo.

Did anyone elso go?

Guest rebeldrummer

This show was a dissapointment ...

Did anyone elso go?

yes unfortunately I did....did you see the guy to the far right, set up against the back wall w/ the 4 Mosin Nagants for sale??

I asked him if I could see the Mosins and he says "NO!! that guy over there is selling them too...go look at his!!!"

I responded, "I already have and did not see what I was looking for. I am hoping that I can find one in yours"

he responds "I said NO! I am not handing you 4 rifles...let alone one! you need to walk away! I am not helping you out!"

I was SHOCKED! and so were the guys next to me. I said "So you DO NOT want to make a sale? I mean, I collect these

and have been known to buy 2 or 3 at time. I would really like to help you make a sale"

he says " I said NO now you need to move along D*&@ IT!!! Get the H$!! out of here!"

with that I laughed and just walked away...people were like "WHAT WAS HIS PROBLEM, GUESS HE WANTS TO GO HOME BROKE!!!?"

wow...it was crazy. such a waste of my sat morning.

The only enjoyment I got for my seven bucks was talking to a few friends who had tables. They didn't have what I was looking for so I was gone in about 30 minutes. Out of five possibles, I give the show one bullet.

I thought about going to this one but apparently there is one in Athens, TN next week. Same type of flyer but I am not sure if it is the same promoters. Anyhow, I decided to wait and go to the one in Athens.

I thought about going to this one but apparently there is one in Athens, TN next week. Same type of flyer but I am not sure if it is the same promoters. Anyhow, I decided to wait and go to the one in Athens.

I don't know why I thought there was one in Athens last weekend. I guess I may have seen an old sign or something (maybe from last year?) There may have been a show and I swear I saw a sign, somewhere but I never saw or heard anything else about it so I didn't drive down there.

• 4 months later...

I have not seen any posting, but Vonore is having another gun show this weekend (12/15 and 12/16). I went when it opened, was able to view everything <20 min. Not too many deals, at least through my prism. I did see someone buy a gun from a table, and while the paperwork was being filled out, the buyer asked the seller what caliber did it shoot. Wow, maybe I put too much homework into a gun purchase. Went again at 3:30pm this afternoon, bought some Critical Duty 9mm +P at a reasonable price, was able to view everything in <10 min. this time. Very quiet and not too many people, just crickets chirping and occasional Taser sound from one of those personal protective Taser devices. There was a cool setup of Christmas ornaments for kids, custom made while you wait, I believe that vendor had the most business going on. More knives than guns, but hey it was in my back yard.

Edited by Runco