Starting a gun show..?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever put on a gun show and knows of the legalities of doing so. I have a commercial building available for rent. It's air conditioned and around 6,800 square feet. I have been thinking of putting on a gun show but don't know if I can or what I would have to do. There are about 200 8ft tables at the facility for my use. So I guess my question is can I rent tables to vendors and advertise the heck out of it and pull it off? I would think around $75 per vendor and and extra $15 per table and something like $5 admission or along those lines. Any advice or am I just daydreaming?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you own the building? Leasing It? Do you have insurance and liability coverage for the event? Would you need local permits to do this? Just a few questions that come to mind immediately.

And just my opinion here, not trying to be insulting. Just offering a little input. If you should put it all together; I think your projected vendor fee is a little high for an unknown quantity that a new show and promoter would be. And table fees as well? I've helped out with several shows and that's not usually done.

As for the admission fee, 5 dollars would probably get you a lot of traffic.

But after you find out what you need to get it running; by all means post about it. Im usually up for a gun show.

Edited by hipower

It would be interesting. I would think Insurance would be the big one. Also might want to set it up as a business at least a LLC if not a full Corp just to protect yourself from liabilities in the unforeseen event of trouble. Would have to have a complete set of rules. Hipower brings up a good point, might have to give the vendors a break on the first show or 2 to see how many vendors you can draw and what kind of buyers you can pull in. It could big a good business if all things come together. You would probably need some professional help in setting up all the correct licenses, insurance, etc. If I had a location I would consider it. I don't have a location.

Edited by vontar

Those are some of the same concerns I had. I would be renting the building at a pretty sweet deal. I don't want to give it away. I am sure going to do some more checking on it as far as liability and insurance issues. If I do get the wheel rolling and have one and it does well, I may try to make it like a semi-annual or quarterly event. I'm gonna do some homework.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by glowdotGlock

... I would think around $75 per vendor and and extra $15 per table ...

Tables are only a flat $56 each at the RK shows in Knoxville, which are about as big as any in the state as I understand it. I guess that would come out 'bout same as your pricing structure, but only with multiple tables.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot