I.O. INC HELLHOUND TACTICAL RIFLE.

Guest Shep Stoner308

Guest Shep Stoner308

I have found myself hitting the AKs and AK types and AK likes and this was what I found today. The word seems to be pretty strong in many comment sections on several sites that I.O INC makes crap. I am not sure of this myself being pretty new to the AK, the traditional AK from Russia seems to be a very good R, (lol, from previous post and argument on what the R means. Everyone gives their :2cents:on that! ) Anyway, from what I know most old school AK from the Eastern Countries are OK, with a few exceptions right after the ban, or so I am reading where they were put together in garages to get past the 922 requirement or something like that anyway.

My question here is would this Hell Hound be a better buy than a decent eastern country AK ? I am finding that the price range is very close. I do like the picatinny rail system here, and the trigger has been modified so the pull is less to fire, also the weight is around 7 pounds without a magazine. The action on the lever is supposedly better than the traditional old school lever. It has a screw off flash suppressor and a bayonet lug if your not buying from your place in Cali Liberal land.

I.O. HELLHOUND TACTICAL RIFLE

SKU: IOIN1001

I.O. Inc. introduces the Hellhound, the Americanized version of the ak-47 that delivers 2†groups at 100 yards. 7.62x39 caliber. It features a Picatinny quad rail and a CNC machined scope mount rail. Every assault rifle option known can be fitted to this rifle, and I.O. Inc. has a complete line of top quality accessories available. The muzzle flash is suppressed with a Phantom flash hider. A 30 round waffle pattern polymer magazine offers lighter weight and increased reliability. The gun weighs seven pounds and is 3 feet long. All guns have match grade barrels and are made to the highest quality standards for the utmost reliability and longevity. It includes a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty and is completely American-made in North Carolina.

Technical Data:

-Mil-Spec receiver

-Barrel Length: 16.25"

-1:10 RH twist

-Black polymer stock and Picatinny rail forearm

-Tactical pistol grip

-Tactical sling swivel

-CNC machined scope mountrail

-Adjustable front and rear sight

-Overall Length: 36"

-Weight: 7lbs

-Military finish (Manganese phosphated/heat and chemical resistant paint applied)

Rifle will shoot 2" grouping with iron sights on 100 yards.

ABOVE INFO FROM: http://www.royaltigerimports.com

http://www.royaltige...&category_id=24

http://www.royaltige...&category_id=24

Appreciate as always your positive and negative feedback,

Shep

Edited by Shep Stoner308
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All guns have match grade barrels and are made to the highest quality standards for the utmost reliability and longevity. It includes a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty and is completely American-made in North Carolina.

Is that true? They are manufacturing AK’s in North Carolina?

I don’t get it. I understood why people were buying AK’s when they were 3or 4 hundred bucks, but why would anyone pay $800 for an AK?

Guest bkelm18

Is that true? They are manufacturing AK’s in North Carolina?

I don’t get it. I understood why people were buying AK’s when they were 3or 4 hundred bucks, but why would anyone pay $800 for an AK?

Arsenal seems to do just fine.

Guest dubaholic2

If it's ANYTHING like their Hellcat pistol it's not worth owning..., unless of course you are looking for an expensive rattle.

Guest Shep Stoner308

Sorry meant to show a picture and video review of the HellHound, could not get it to post yesterday for some reason.

[media=]

[/media]
Guest Shep Stoner308

Not sure yet, I like the Saiga, still in the learning phase of my selection. I have seen some really nice Saiga's that I like.

Seems so far, the opinion here of I.O. INC is pretty poor. I still love the looks of the HellHound and would like to explore it further and get maybe someone to post that has at least shot one.

[media=]

[/media]
Guest Shep Stoner308

Now tho, after watching this video and others on youtube today, I am not so much in love with it, a good WASR-10 seems like a better option, although the idea of buying American is good, I still have some doubts at this time.

Run save yourself....Im an ak guy...at todays prices I could only recommend a good deal on a Chicom Ak....if you could find a reasonably priced mak 90 Id say go for it..other than that I dont feel any of todays ak offerings are near worth the asking price...exception might be the amd 65 currently at buds for $439..but they are a crap shoot