Pick up a new G19 today

Well i was on my way back from an appointment and stopped at G&L to check out their store. I've been looking at getting a G19 and was trying to decide between a gen 3 or 4. I ended up picking up a gen 4. Nice guys and prices are reasonable. I don't even want to imagine what i would have paid for it at franklin gun shop.

I went to CHMR when i got home and fired off about 50 rounds. No issues so far. I've only ran HKs before and this is my first Glock. Looking forward to running this and seeing how it compared to my p2000sk.

IMG_0758.jpg

Edited by sigbrown1297
  • Like 1

Congradulations on the 19, i use a 3.5 disconector in my G 22 for at the range but i would not want that in my 23 which is my edc, how ever they make 4.5 disconnector that i have been considering for my edc

On my 34 trigger I first did the .25 cent trigger job. Find it on YouTube.

This will help smooth out the trigger. Then I replaced the disconnector with the 3.5 from Glock.

And also replaced the springs with Wolff Trigger Group Competition Spring Kit.

As has been said I would not use the 3.5 disconnector and the Wolff Spring Kit for EDC.

Camp, is this because you are worried about having a ND with a really light trigger? Whateer trigger setup I get I want it to work for carry.

nope not worried it wont work , i have put more than 500 round through it since i did this i just prefere a heaver trigger in a high stress stuation, i aslo did the 25 cent triger job on both and would definitly recommend it
Guest 6.8 AR

Congradulations on the 19, i use a 3.5 disconector in my G 22 for at the range but i would not want that in my 23 which is my edc, how ever they make 4.5 disconnector that i have been considering for my edc

What's wrong with putting a 3.5 disconnect in an EDC gun? All I noticed was it cleaned the slop up on the trigger.

Maybe you young high tech individuals have a better name for that, but that's what I call it. :D

First thing I do is a put in a Ghost 3.5lb connector, 6lb trigger spring, clean up the safety tab that protrudes from the trigger shoe so that it lays flush when I pull the trigger, but still maintains its "usefulness" as a safety. Beyond that I generally do the .25 cent trigger job. I think a Fulcrum trigger is not out of order if you really want a good feeling trigger.

What's wrong with putting a 3.5 disconnect in an EDC gun? All I noticed was it cleaned the slop up on the trigger.

Maybe you young high tech individuals have a better name for that, but that's what I call it. :D

nothing at all

Guest 6.8 AR

First thing I do is a put in a Ghost 3.5lb connector, 6lb trigger spring, clean up the safety tab that protrudes from the trigger shoe so that it lays flush when I pull the trigger, but still maintains its "usefulness" as a safety. Beyond that I generally do the .25 cent trigger job. I think a Fulcrum trigger is not out of order if you really want a good feeling trigger.

Craig, you're just gonna have to walk me through all that in person. all I have ever done to a Glock is change

to the 3.5 lb disconnector. I'll be off Sat, Sun and Mon. :D

I think I have owned at least 10 G19s, but have 3 right now. People keep buying mine and no I don't make a profit on them, just sell them for cost and parts just so folks know what a good reliable gun is like. I'm paying it forward. I have only owned one Gen 4 G19. I like the Gen4 Glock primarily for the wide flat mag release and without any back straps it is 3/16" smaller in LOP or thereabouts. But I doubt that I will need to do a mag change in my lifestyle so Gen3 Glocks are my preference, but I can't turn down a Glock marked "MPDC."

I don't like any of the aftermarket mag releases, the Gen 4 one was done right in that respect. In the Gen 4 I had I replaced the dual recoil spring with a single spring which required me to get a reduction fitting for the nose piece in the slide. The reason I like Gen 1,2,3 Glocks is I can change recoil spring weight easily. However I prefer Gen 3 Glocks over all others.

Why change recoil springs? Some cheap ammo, and I am cheap, won't cycle the slide like a NATO round will or other higher performance ammo will. So when I go to the range I like to be able to change springs to accommodate ammo that may have the "punies." This is really important with the G34 and G17L. When you see me carrying a Glock as a SYA gun I have Cor Bon 115+P in it. I have found nothing that comes close INMHO. In addition and not relevant to this post's central theme, I view anyone who gets into "caliber wars" in handguns as a wannabe or as they say in the UK in certain "sports" a "poser."

Well i was on my way back from an appointment and stopped at G&L to check out their store. I've been looking at getting a G19 and was trying to decide between a gen 3 or 4. I ended up picking up a gen 4. Nice guys and prices are reasonable. I don't even want to imagine what i would have paid for it at franklin gun shop.

I went to CHMR when i got home and fired off about 50 rounds. No issues so far. I've only ran HKs before and this is my first Glock. Looking forward to running this and seeing how it compared to my p2000sk.

IMG_0758.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was your birthday right because it sounds like you had a great day. Congrats. I look forward to hearing how it compares to your others>

It's really hard to go wrong with a Glock 19 and the Gen 4 feel's a lot better in my hand's than the Gen 3 does. Aside from making sure the pistol has a good set of night sights on it I don't do anything else to it but shoot it. So far all of the Glock's I've owned are been issued either had a good trigger pull from the start or developed a good trigger with use.

Thanks for the info guys. I used to carry the p2000sk before and honestly i miss it already. It was really the perfect carry piece for me and wish i would not have sold it. Who knows, with the right modifications, i may grow to love the g19 just as much. The G19 is slightly bigger than the p2000sk, and the recoil seems greater on the g19 (the p2000sk had double recoil as well). Prob the first three swap outs are going to be sights, slide stop release and something to smooth out the trigger. Ive looked at the fulcrum triggers (duty version), but i am having a hard time justifying spending 180 on a trigger for a $550 gun.

@Swim - haha no it wasn't my birthday, but it was a pretty good day. The only thing missing was beer and girls. Could have been little cooler out at the range. Was sweating my b off out there.

@gray - any reasons to swap out the recoil spring other than cycling issues? I've seen this adapters where you can use to accommodate the gen 3 springs.

Edited by sigbrown1297

Are the gen 3 mag release the same size are the gen 4?

I emailed the owner about his part and he said this.

"The CCW Mag release will work on a Gen4. The specs on this part are identical between Gens 3-4, so it is universally compatible."

http://glockvectorindustries.com/products-page/glock-parts/zev-tech-ccw-magazine-release/

Does this sound right? The button part on the gen 4 release seems much larger. I don't see how it would be universally compatible.

Congrats on the G19. Had a few of them myself and am looking for another one in the Gen 4 flavor to compliment my Gen4 G26. Good luck and I hope you end up keeping the kool-aid handy. Just take a sip every time someone mentions Glock and you'll be just fine..... :pleased:

Guest twpayne75

thinking about going back to the p2000sk. If you or someone you know is wanting a g19 gen 4, let me know.

Saw it in the classifieds. You went backwards brother.

:stir:

I went from a Gen 4 G19 to the HK P2000 and now to a P30. Don't think I can go anywhere from here but down. Never tried the SK, but I'm not crazy about subcompacts. Hope you can meet up with another one.