375 Sig Ammo, Best Local Price Knoxville

All right, I was sold when I read about the THP thread switching to 357 Sig about a month ago. This is why I sometimes hate these forums. They cost me a lot of money. I was perfectly alright managing 9mm, 40 and 45 Auto inventories.

Anyway, been scouring ebay, gunbroker and just about all of the big name internet dealers for a used or reasonable Sig P229 357 Sig barrel. Lost several on ebay, just couldn't bid $150 for a used barrel, and $200 for a new one. I am cheap sometimes. Anyway, just got lucky, and found one on Numerich Gun Parts web site for $99. It arrived today, i\ts 100% OEM. Worn though, with many smilees. Anyway, now I am wanting to go shoot. I guess Wally doesn't stock this ammo. I probably will place an order for 200 rounds FMJ and 50 rounds gold dot in the next few days, but I can't wait till then to go shoot. Are there any local (Knoxville - Maryville) stores that have reasonable FMJ 357 Sig ammo prices, around $0.34 round or $17-$20 box?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try US Gold and Guns on Clinton Hwy.They are a recently remodeled pawn shop, having added a pretty nice firearm showroom. I didn't look to see if they had .357sig, but I have bought 9mm from them for cash about $14.00/box for brand X brass, about $2.00 more than WM, pretty competitive and I would rather give Jerry and Jeff my money.

As a side note: Handgun prices are fair, they let you handle any and all guns in the case and will provide snap caps for dry firing / trigger test. I paid $20 more than "average" on-line price for a handgun and did not negotiate price as I paying by credit (building points with AMEX for an anniversary trip) If I was paying cash, eliminating the transaction fee, I am sure the price would have been lower.

Cheapest that I have seen locally was Stars and Stripes Shooting Sports in Maryville on Hwy 411. It was around $25/box, I think. Sellier and Bellot FMJ. I haven't checked Walmart's price.

I don't recommend the Winchester White Box I got at Academy. I couldn't keep it on a paper plate at 30 feet with my Glock. The S&B is much, much better. Typical handgun group (for me). I used to be much better though. I need more trigger time. I'm going to have to try to find some 357 SIG dies at the next show.

Guest atommictaco

If you decide to start reloading for the Sig, hit me up. I've got at least a half coffee can of once fired 357 Sig brass and a set of Lee dies that I no longer need. We could work something out.