Thoughts about a Cobray? M11 9mm semi auto pistol

Guest earlybird

Guest earlybird

My neighbor has one he is looking to get rid off. Been in the cab of his work truck in the back yard for a few years (about 6) so it is a little worse for wear. Looks a little rough but works ok. It is a semi auto only, hence the pistol remark, he has about 4 mags to go with it. He offered it to me for $350. I have "tested it out" and it works perfectly, no ftf or fte with 150 rounds or cheap stuff. He is the original and only owner of it with the sales receipt, I had to ask as I live in a nasty of town :D But would it be worth it? And any issues to look out for? Was thinking about trading my EAA EZ9 for it, but decided an outright purchase would be better, I love the EZ9 tooooo much. Besides I think it might be a fun range plinker. Oh yeah, PLEASE talk me out of it!

Guest earlybird

He paid $470 fo r it, plus $55 for each additional magazine. Looks like I can buy a new one with extra mags for less. How about that! Not interested.

Don't like Glock's. They are insanely good firearms, probably the best made in my opinion, but there is something to them I don't like. I can't shoot something I don't like :( Anyways, thanks for the info, I'll save my pennies for the USP .40 I have my eye on.

9mm is getting expensive, good thing I don't have to buy any, yet, still got a healthy surplus at my place.

Not worth it for the price. Maybe for $250, but that might just piss him off if you offer that. It's a novelty gun, or at least one which you can throw in the truck and not care if it gets stolen. Sounds to me that's what it was used for. $350 would be better put towards a G19 or some other useful 9mm.

• Like 1