My Arsenal SGL20 From The Goodman Show

Guest ForPointSix

Guest ForPointSix

Picked up my first AK-47 Saterday at the Goodman Show. It's a 2nd hand Saiga Legion SGL20. I was not to sure about the color it looks like a really dark brown, almost like a chocolate. But after skimming over the manual it say they come in OD Green, Plum, and black. So I was guessing this is what Russians call Plum? After asking around everyone seems to agree with it being Plum. I was told a total of 60 rounds where fired in her. I usually multiply by 2 or 3 the round count but this gun is unbelievably clean. So maybe this one time I was told the truth? Now for what all I got with the gun, followed by a few questions because I am a AK novice.

:The AK

:Box, paper work, but no test target

:2 polymer mags, one no name, the other Master Molder

:What looks to be a mint surplus sling

:1000 rounds TulAmmo, 122 Grain, Steel Case

Are all Arsenal AK-47s Legions?

How important is the test target for resale (I really want to know if I over payed with this missing).

Whats your thoughts on steel case ammo?

102_6770.jpg

102_6776.jpg

102_6777.jpg

102_6771.jpg

Sorry I am terrible at up close pics. This is showing the legion markings.

102_6775.jpg

102_6774.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the plum and they come in both Nato and Warsaw length stocks. I have the Warsaw stock which is shorter than the Nato. I don't think your sling is surplus. From the picture you have an Arsenal Sling (AK-340R). I have that sling as well and from first hand experience is well made.

Your Questions:

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Legion is the importer for Arsenal of Las Vegas who converts the rifle.

You can keep the target, but I think the fact it is Arsenal will speak for itself.

Steel ammo is just fine.

Additional Resource:

You can find more stocks/slings/parts for your Arsenal here at K-var.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=

Edited by D3vo

From what I've been able to figure out (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken):

Your rifle was made at the IZHMASH factory in Izhevsk, Russia. It would have been a SIAGA rifle that looks like the pic below. That's so it meets US import laws. Legion imported it. Then Arsenal took it and converted it to an AK-variant by adding in a certain number of Made-In-USA parts.

AFAIK, Arsenal uses Legion as the importer for their SAIGAs to be converted. Arsenal does other things besides AK-variants, so they may use other importers for other products.

RAAIZ133.jpg

Excellent rifle. Enjoy. Close as your going to get to a Russian AK. Could have come with a 5rd or 30 rd mag. Probably circle 10 which is one of the best. If not could be an add on. Also probably came with a test target but if your paper work bag was not opened, maybe not. The master molder was probably thrown in. Did it have the buttstock cleaning kit an oil bottle? Sorry for all the probably's but based on what Arsenal does when deciding on what to include and what is snatched from the box before a second hand sale who knows. SGL20's were a limited run rifle. A comparable rifle now is the SGL21 but not quite as nice IMHO. They were available before the price spike after last Pres election.