A Pair of (Boberg) Platinums

DAdams

I went on the Boberg waiting list last December and recently my "number" came up.

Just took delivery of two consecutively SN Platinum XR9-S. Boberg is approaching 1000 units according to my serial numbers.

I am going to reserve judgement on performance until I get some first hand experience but many of the early reports are very good.

I like the idea of being able to run Plus P full time and having a true magazine release (compared with Rohrbaugh). Reportedly the recoil is very mild.

http://www.bobergarm...otes/XR9_Shorty

The nearest handgun I have to this currently is a PM9. Here is a report with some "modern" 9mm and the Tester expects slightly better performance with the Boberg's longer barrel.

http://mousegunaddic...-135-grain.html

P1010002.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Caliber: 9mm / 9mm+P (compatible ammo list)

Capacity: 7+1

Length: 5.1â€

Height: 4.2â€

Width: 0.96â€

Weight: 17.5 oz with magazine, unloaded

Barrel Length: 3.35â€;

The Platinum Edition's aircraft-grade aluminum frame has a proprietary Nickel/Chrome Satin Sheen finish - a Boberg Arms exclusive that no other firearm manufacturer can offer. The trigger, transfer bar and all exposed parts are zirconia-finished natural stainless steel. Zytel grips in Black.

Edited by DAdams
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased (3) Bobergs when my number came up. I still have (1) that I carry to this day.

The recoil will be like nothing you have ever felt before. I can put 1,000 rounds down range with mine without any sort of hand fatigue. Instead of a forward/backward recoil pattern, its more of a lapping/wave type recoil. Freakin awesome and pretty crazy the first few rounds you put down range :) You won't be disappointed.

Best Firearm I Own Period

Edited by xRUSTYx

I use a remora holster. I learned about remora when I got mine since it was the only one out when I got mine. Loved it so much, got one for my LCP as well. Once you go with a clip less IWB, any others just don't cut it :)

Sent at lightning speed from my iPhone 4s ...

Here is what I ordered:

1 | SERIES 3BB | Remora Series 3BB Holster (Pocket / IWB) | $24.95 | $24.95

with

1 | SSRH | Remora Holster "SS" Modification (Right Handed) | $5.00 | $5.00

If you call and order on the phone, Alan (the owner) will likely give you a free mag carrier too :) That's what I did. Just tell him, you want the one that fits the Boberg

If anyone is ever in Nashville & is thinking about buying one, I'm more than happy to let you try mine out :)

Edited by xRUSTYx

I'm happy with what I am carrying these days too. Three choices depending on conditions.

Seecamp .380

S&W M&P 340 Revolver with CT Grips

Kahr PM9 with CT

Pretty much covers most circumstances and it will take awhile before the Boberg makes the cut. Reliability, ammo check, holster etc.

I think at least 6 months and 4-5 range trips before I will feel comfortable with it.

XR9S_G26_Overlaytext.jpg

Performance wise with "average" plus P, the Boberg performs almost identically with the G26.

untitled-3.jpg

• Admin Team

I'm happy with what I am carrying these days too. Three choices depending on conditions.

Seecamp .380

S&W M&P 340 Revolver with CT Grips

Kahr PM9 with CT

Pretty much covers most circumstances and it will take awhile before the Boberg makes the cut. Reliability, ammo check, holster etc.

I think at least 6 months and 4-5 range trips before I will feel comfortable with it.

XR9S_G26_Overlaytext.jpg

Performance wise with "average" plus P, the Boberg performs almost identically with the G26.

untitled-3.jpg

Seeing that illustration makes me miss Marshall (mousegunner). He would have liked that pistol.

I have been wearing the Remora IWB 3BB with the small sweat shield around for a couple of days. I do like the non clip arrangement and can adjust the cant and depth of carry to my liking. Can even do cross draw weak side. I have been wearing it at about 3:30 position. I even sat in my Jeep for a few minutes and didn't have to adjust. I could do an hours drive w/o a problem.

Wear it between undershorts and shorts/slacks. The material is very "grippy" so I found that there wasn't any movement, but I wasn't running or doing jumping jacks. I got a mag holder in the same material for the pocket or IWB.

Since I didn't order with the Kydex mouth holder/opener, once the gun is drawn, there is no way to reinsert it w/o holster removal as the mouth collapses. I'm still thinking about the scenarios where once removed in real life use, would I need to put it back in the holser, or would i take the holster out and put the entire thing in my pocket? I'm thinking if I have to use it in real life....what are the various contingencies? Alan with Remora recommended the one I bought, I can always exchange it.

Here are some photos. Hopefully a range report one of these days.

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Boberg, Kahr PM9 with Pearce Grip and CT laser, Seecamp LWS .380

P1010016.jpg

J Frame M&P 340 with CT Grips as compared with.

Edited by DAdams

Looking good!

I went with the collapsible version on my Remora too. I prefer it over Kydex that won't really give. Being IWB, no need for constant reholstering. If it was OWB, then you definitely need to be able to holster it.

With that said - I don't have any plans on picking up the other version that stays open.