2012 NCAA Football Thread

Il Duce

I don't necessarily hate Notre Dame, I just hate the fact that they get so much hype every year and for what? I don't know. I feel the same way about Oklahoma and Ohio State... I expect auburn to win 9 with a much improved defense and a lot more experience, but that's in the toughest conference. We are 25? I feel like that's where we belong right now. Oklahoma loses to Texas Tech and plays in a weak conference and still get ranked high every preseason...

I am not a ND hater or fan, but I will say this, they are NOT relevant in college football. They may be relevant to their own fans, and they may have a lot of fans, but that does not make them relevant to college football.

Internet discussion about the relevance of a team does not make them relevant. What does is their impact on the national football scene. When people talk about potential National Champs or Conference Champs ND is never discussed.

ND is a has been that is living off it's past and it's ties to the Catholic Church. My 15 old son and his friends have no opinion on ND and never discuss them. That is a good measure of relevancy IMHO. If you ask them who has more National Championships, ND, Army, or Harvard, I am not sure they could answer it. They are all three kinda grouped together as a old timey black and white TV power

Edited by Tennjed
  • Like 1

I was hoping this would be a college football thread, not a Notre Dame thread.

My favorite teams are WV and whoever is playing Michigan.

I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" for the first time in my life on September 1.

• Like 1
I was hoping this would be a college football thread, not a Notre Dame thread.

My favorite teams are WV and whoever is playing Michigan.

I'll be yelling "Roll Tide" for the first time in my life on September 1.

How did you like that beating my beloved Miss State bulldogs put on Michigan 2 years ago in the gator bowl?

I have pulled for west Virginia since MSU played them in a 2 game series a few years back. I met some very nice WVU fans in Starkville that year. We got crushed by y'all BTW

Tn. looked good but they are gonna hafta run the ball up the middle if they expect to compete this year. I can see them winning 8 games.

Yep, and plug some holes in the secondary. Several blown coverages that let NCS get points. Some they weren't able to capitalize on our mistakes. Better teams won't let that happen.

I said its great to be a TN VOL!

It looks like all those beer bottles Bray threw in the off season really helped.

Thats what I told my wife when they were talking about how well he threw the ball.

I said you ought to see him throw a beer bottle

BTW Florida looked really sharp against Bowling Green high school

Edited by laktrash