Anyone stocking .458 bulk bullets?

I'm really looking for some Remington bulk bullets for my .45-70s

I'd prefer the 350gn, but would be happy enough with the 405s. Trouble is, everyone seems to be out of stock.

Do any of you reg'lar reloaders know of anyone who has them in stock right now?

I'm open to other suggestions/manufacturers.... (I'm absolutely NOT interested in casting, lubing & sizing my own right now)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Hornady and Remington

Hornady search brings back 7 retailers within 50 miles of you.

http://www.hornady.com/retail-locator/find-a-retailer

You would probably like these as well.

In stock

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/894708/hornady-leverevolution-bullets-458-caliber-458-diameter-325-grain-flex-tip-expanding-box-of-50

I load for the Socom and the LEVERevolution bullets have gotten great reviews.

As far as I can tell, the FTX bullets get top marks from everyone using them, however as I understand it, I'd need to shorten my brass to load for the .45-70. I'd really prefer to leave my cases full length to give me a little more flexibility in bullet choice.

As far as I can tell, the FTX bullets get top marks from everyone using them, however as I understand it, I'd need to shorten my brass to load for the .45-70. I'd really prefer to leave my cases full length to give me a little more flexibility in bullet choice.

That's a shame. I think David still has a bunch of 325gr FTX.

Which "David" and does he wish to part with them Mike?

dlm37015. I bought a sack full of them awhile back. They work real well in .458 SOCOM. I'm 99% sure I saw a big bin of them in his booth at the show last weekend. I would be 100% sure, but I'm old and senile :).

I'm always "unavailable" during gunshows and you know why and where. I'll just order some up on Midway when I see some loading time coming up. I got enough to make it through this years hunting season, and have another RRA caliber on order...some 308 goodness may make the SOCOM take the year off.

Back on topic, Rob, what's the largest grain you want to load. I have a box of Barnes TTX I believe they are, 450 grains Hollow Point that I can't put enough powder in the case to get them to open up. Can you use them?

Thanks for the offer on the Barnes RW. I'd rather stick to a lighter bullet, I have shoulder problems & can't take too much in the way of recoil. 405s at 1600fps are about my limit for bench shooting out of my guns!

From Googling around for a few hours, it looks like Hornady 350 RN/FP bullets are about the best value for jacketed rounds. I'm not sure what exactly Remington are doing, but I've had estimated delivery dates varying from 'This week' to January 2013.