RK show at Camp Jordan Arena in Chattanooga Sept. 1st and 2nd

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might give it a try. It is same driving distance as going to Hendersonville show for me. I've heard it is usually a nice size show with alot of walk-around traders.

I have a Walther PPS (9mm) and a M&P 40c to try sale/trade and maybe a Norico 1897 12 ga Pump.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm not very efficient at making/carrying out plans, but if dlm will be there saturday would like to show up in time to meet him. I usually try to make it out to that one as it is maybe not as good as gun shows in other areas, it is about the best one in the chatt area.

Guest Travtastik

I was going to be working the tables with the guys from Sand Mountain Armory but I am out of town dealing with family issues and don't think I will make it back.

Edited by Travtastik

i will be coming down on saturday new primed lake city223 110.00 per 1000 surplus powder 90.00 per 8 pounds 55 grain 223 bullets 85.00 per 1000

must have order before friday afternoon also tula small pistol primers 105.00 wolf small rifle 223 105.00 per case of 5000 thanks david 615-497-4205

I need a Crimson Trace for my compact 1911, think they will have them there?

hard to say, but at least a 50-50 chance. I have seen a variety of such items sometimes, and other times, nothing. It just depends on who bought a table and what they bring to the show.... usually a pretty good variety and a lot of tables.

Guest Lester Weevils

DLM, how would I go looking for you at the gunshow Saturday? If I can get out of the house (hoping to) it would be good to meet.

Was googling opinions on the tula pistol primers and there were many positive reviews, and then a few reviews stated the primers are not quite as tall as typical usa primers, and one must take better care seating them for reliability. That is a good price on the primers but maybe I should test a small lot to make sure I'm not too doofus to use them properly.

If I run into some Ramshot Silhouette powder will buy it. From reading I get the impression there are a few others in the same ballpark, unique, power pistol, n340, HS-6, Universal Clays. Maybe some as good or better for fairly hot 9mm, but OTOH the silhouette has been working OK. Just that it won't be long before my 4 lb jug is empty. Am open to suggestions. Some powders in that ballpark get complaints for being flashy, or being flake powders sometimes hard to meter. The complaint against n340 is that it is expensive. But maybe there is a fabulous easy-metering powder in that ballpark lots cheaper than Silhouette, dunno.

Have a few thousand 9mm bullets in stock, but would be open to a good price on 124gn 9mm bullets. Been pretty happy with 124gn Rainier round nose. Used to shoot a bunch of 124gn Rainier hollow point, which worked fine. Also 124gn XTP hp and remington hp, in fancier bullets. Am open to suggestions if you have bargains. Never loaded any 9mm except 124gn but its not a religious opinion. Have thought maybe staying with the same weight would keep point of aim more consistent, but a bargain on some other weight would be interesting to know about.

Thanks!