Religion and Politics

MacGyver

I had a little problem loading on mine(FF on XP), but after a couple tries it started.

Mine just gives black screen, even kills right click options, reload from menu or Control+R does nada.

XP Home with all patches, FF 15.1, even restarted with add-ons disabled, nada.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I have had problems with other

Vimeos, and this one just eventually

started working. I haven't knowingly

added any patches in a long time

and turned off updates over a year

ago. I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin Team

That's really weird. Folks like Vimeo would seem to be incentivized to get their stuff working on as many platforms as possible. Now that said, I posted here over something like youtube so that I didn't have to break it up into chunks. The video that I uploaded yesterday was a 1.9Gb H.264 .mp4 file. It well could be that their algorithm gives priority to smaller stuff and works bigger stuff in when it can. Who knows?

I am glad to have some visibility into this, though. We use Vimeo at work all the time.

The person speaking in this video really brought an interesting perspective. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. And interestingly, even though I've been involved in the planning, I have no idea where it's going to end up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin Team

Kingdom Politics - Week 04 - Church/State Relations in America

http://player.vimeo.com/video/50548069

Is it rude to send someone a link to a video from church when they send you one of those obnoxious emails about how our devout, Protestant forefathers are disappointed in us?

I'll let you know - because it seems like I get about 10 a week right now.

Guest 6.8 AR

Kingdom Politics - Week 04 - Church/State Relations in America

http://player.vimeo.com/video/50548069

Is it rude to send someone a link to a video from church when they send you one of those obnoxious emails about how our devout, Protestant forefathers are disappointed in us?

I'll let you know - because it seems like I get about 10 a week right now.

I'd say fair game. These videos are very enlightening. Maybe they would consider being less obnoxious after

considering another's point of view. I am a strayed Episcopalian and I am enjoying them.

I'd say fair game. These videos are very enlightening. Maybe they would consider being less obnoxious after

considering another's point of view. I am a strayed Episcopalian and I am enjoying them.

That is IF they will consider another point of view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin Team

For those who are keeping up with this, here's Week 06 and 07, both a Democratic and Republican perspective. While I appreciate each of these speakers, like their modern parties, they both kind of let me down. Maybe it's too much to expect. Maybe they were just trying to tee it up for this week's non-participant:

Kingdom Politics - Week 06 - How my faith led me to vote for Democrats

http://player.vimeo.com/video/51225033

Kingdom Politics - Week 07 - How my faith led me to vote for Republicans

http://player.vimeo.com/video/52016118