NRA specialty plate

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout

I would rather make a donation.I have no gun or hunting related window or bumper stickers on my truck.Less chance of someone breaking in thinking of finding a gun.

Guest nraforlife
I would rather make a donation.I have no gun or hunting related window or bumper stickers on my truck.Less chance of someone breaking in thinking of finding a gun.

Same here... Sad frickin world we live in

Guest David Waldrip

Source: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=3946

Tennessee: Pro-Gun Legislation Passes In Eleventh Hour!

Friday, May 23, 2008

The Tennessee 105<sup>th </sup>General Assembly adjourned its 2008 Regular Session after midnight on Wednesday, May 21. In its final hours, the House passed unanimously the specialty license plate omnibus bill, House Bill 3017, sponsored by Representative Phillip Pinion (D-77). Attached to HB 3017 is an amendment sponsored by Senator Doug Jackson (D-25), creating a National Rifle Association license plate, which would allocate funds to Tennessee scholastic clay target programs. House Resolution 390, sponsored by Representative Joe McCord (R-08), also passed the House late Wednesday, creating a summer study committee to address the issue of handgun carry permits in certain places, including restaurants that serve alcohol.

Please continue to visit www.NRAILA.org for updates on how to get your Tennessee NRA license plate and to find out what members Speaker Jimmy Naifeh (D-81) will assign to the Right-to-Carry Reform Study Committee.

Edited by David Waldrip
Guest Brian@GunDepot

I've been saying for a while now the NRA needs a specialty license plate. Glad to hear this news.

I'll be getting one no matter what it looks like. (most likely it will be the standard NRA logo in a similar size to the armed forces tags currently available)

NRA.gif

Guest Grout

Not me,I have no gun/shooting/hunting window or bumper stickers on my truck,that's just advertising for a break in. Even if no guns are in there you still get a busted window to replace.An NRA tag would be a sign for a crook as well.

• Administrator
Not me,I have no gun/shooting/hunting window or bumper stickers on my truck,that's just advertising for a break in. Even if no guns are in there you still get a busted window to replace.An NRA tag would be a sign for a crook as well.

Make sure no one ever sees you going into or leaving a shooting range, a gun store or buying ammo at Wal-Mart then. They might put 2+2 together!

I have no gun/shooting/hunting window or bumper stickers on my truck,that's just advertising for a break in. Even if no guns are in there you still get a busted window to replace.An NRA tag would be a sign for a crook as well.

site some evidence of this happening<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest atomemphis

I'd get a plate. Just so more people think about guns in a non-negative light. Have it with an Eagle Scout sticker next to it.

And my Biker Friendly sticker.

Guest GLOCKGUY
All I'm saying is why make it easier for a crook.B)

ya i see what your saying. im going to have my wife take off her sticker that says "proud parent of a girl scout". you never no who might break in her car and see if see has some girl scout cookies in there :P

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I think you guys are a little too paranoid about the sticker/plate thing. If I were a crook, if anything I'd think twice before busting a car window with an NRA sticker because the owner most likely owns a firearm and could catch me in the act.

The only stories I've ever heard we're way back in the day when kids stole stereos out of cars with 'PIONEER' decals and the like on the windows. B)

EDIT: GlockGuy, Now you've done it, I want some girl scout cookies!!! :P

I think yall are thinking to hard also.You have to remember criminals aren't that bright,and quite frankly I dont think they could put 2 and 2 together.

I would think car break-ins occur randomly.I dont see someone following you around all day waiting for that right moment.They have places to go,crack to smoke,they just dont have the time in there busy schedules...

Think I'll look for cars with the Playboy Bunny emblem on them... :P

B)

I dont see it listed anywhere

http://state.tn.us/revenue/vehicle/licenseplates/proposedplates.htm

New Specialty Plates Currently Under Consideration

For more information about a specific plate, please contact the Organization. They will provide you with the information you need to purchase the plate and how to inquire about updates on the plate in question.

The phone numbers and/or email addresses listed below were provided voluntarily by the person or organization who is listed as a contact person for the specialty plate. If you are interested in a plate that is NOT listed below, please contact that organization for a contact name and/or number.

• <LI class=bodytext>Let's Go Camping, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact by fax at 615-253-0212 or by email
    <LI class=bodytext>Ohio State University, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-486-9539 or by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>Tennessee for a Lifetime, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-741-2056 or by email at

• Trout Unlimited, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-297-3508 or by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>Friends of the Natchez Trace, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 931-762-4911 or by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>Nashville Predators, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-770-2318 or by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>Historic Franklin, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-794-0998 or by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>101st Airborne, For more information, you may reach the organization by email at
    <LI class=bodytext>Sons of the American Revolution extension to July 1, 2008, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 615-374-3678 or by email at

• MED (Elvis plate) extension to July 1, 2008, For more information, you may reach the organization's contact at 1-877-545-EPLP (3757) or go to the website

Guest David Waldrip

Tim,

Sorry about the duplicate post. I looked for an existing thread, but obviously overlooked your's.

-David