HCP Confiscated for change of address

Guest cheez

Tell your friend to email Lisa. She is extremely good at replying to emails and does so regardless of it being the weekend or even holidays. She is very professional.

This is why I try to stay away from going in to the DOS for anything concerning renewals, duplicates of my HCP. Some stations confiscate them for renewals when they are not supposed to. The permit is still valid and therefore just because one goes in for a renewal they should not take your still valid HCP. Neither should they confiscate one where you have moved and are simply wanting an address change. There is nothing in the language that would require a confiscation, recheck of background simply because you have moved. As long as you moved from within the state and the HCP is current.

Emailing her, even on a Friday night, will get you a response on Saturday concerning this, at the latest. She will get it straightened out.

Does anybody have Lisa's e-mail address? I went to the DOS site and all there is is a generic catch all address.

Thanks

Lisa Knight

Department of Safety

Handgun Unit

1150 Foster Ave.

Nashville TN 37210

Phone: (615) 251-5330

Fax: (615) 532-3056

Lisa.Knight@state.tn.us

If the email address doesn't work, try substituting @tn.gov for @state.tn.us. The state has been transitioning away from the old @state.tn.us domain for a while now.

If the email address doesn't work, try substituting @tn.gov for @state.tn.us. The state has been transitioning away from the old @state.tn.us domain for a while now.

Yep, I almost said that, but state.tn.us was the only one I could find. I'd say I it's not valid it will get kicked back right away.

ETA: seems all other dept of safety emails are Tn.gov so I'm going to edit the post above.

Edited by Lumber_Jack

Update:

My buddy sent an e-mail to Lisa explaining the events when he got his HCP confiscated. She immediately called him and began appologizing for the DMV guy that took his permit. It seems that the guy did this thing all on his own. She surmized that he did it because that is how they do with the driver's license. You turn your DL in and they give you a new one right then. The problem is that DMV cannot issue an HCP.

Lisa saw that there was obviously a flaw in the system. She said she was going to draft a letter and send to all the DMV stations explaining the process for change of addresses and renewals. She also told Mac that since his permit had already been submitted by DMV for background check that it was in process. The best she could do was tell him she would expedite the process ad he should get his HCP back in 10 to 14 days.

Update:

My buddy sent an e-mail to Lisa explaining the events when he got his HCP confiscated. She immediately called him and began appologizing for the DMV guy that took his permit. It seems that the guy did this thing all on his own. She surmized that he did it because that is how they do with the driver's license. You turn your DL in and they give you a new one right then. The problem is that DMV cannot issue an HCP.

Lisa saw that there was obviously a flaw in the system. She said she was going to draft a letter and send to all the DMV stations explaining the process for change of addresses and renewals. She also told Mac that since his permit had already been submitted by DMV for background check that it was in process. The best she could do was tell him she would expedite the process ad he should get his HCP back in 10 to 14 days.

Yep. Lisa rocks. I repeat myself :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AmericanWorkMule

The guy should be fired. If we screwed up like that at work we would be terminated.

Update:

...the DMV guy that took his permit. It seems that the guy did this thing all on his own. ..