Can anyone identify this?

Spots

My dad bought this plow about 35 years ago with no point on it. We have slowly started pulling all our old plows out and redoing them to make them useful (50+ walk behinds) and this is the only one that we aren't 100% sure on manufacture or even what its for exactly. We are 99% sure its for either digging potatos or hilling them up. But we need to know what kinda point went on it, it currently has a mount jerry rigged on for a bulltongue, but we would love to have a picture of an original one, so we know what point to forge out and how to mount it. Heres some pics, any info is appreciated.

Resampled952012-09-029519-00-5995397.jpg

Resampled952012-09-029519-01-1895100.jpg

Resampled952012-09-029519-01-2995912.jpg

Let me rephrase. I know its a garden plow thats pulled behind a horse. There is one lever that adjust "feet" that adjust wing depth, and another that adjust wing width. We've been told it was a celery hiller, but that was a bust, as a celery plow has the point behind the wings. If we can figure out the point and mounting type then we plan to restore it for use behind our Belgium Big John

2012-09-01_08-32-14_427.jpg

Ithink we use to have one and belive it had a single point plow ,it was to bust the middle of row and throw dirt to the row mainly for keeping roots covered.

So we were right in thinking it was t hill stuff up with? Any chance you remember how the point mounted up to the plow? Like what did the point bolt too?

Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

That being said, I saw a potato plow that looked a lot like that...

Exactly what I'm thinking it was used for. My grand daddy had one he used with a mule. I was too little to remember. My mom doesn't remember the difference between any of them.

Wish I could be of more help. I have a couple places I can go check. See what I can come up with.

Dave S

Let me rephrase. I know its a garden plow thats pulled behind a horse. There is one lever that adjust "feet" that adjust wing depth, and another that adjust wing width. We've been told it was a celery hiller, but that was a bust, as a celery plow has the point behind the wings. If we can figure out the point and mounting type then we plan to restore it for use behind our Belgium Big John

2012-09-01_08-32-14_427.jpg

Off topic... but unless you guys are midgets, that's a BIG horse. I've seen Belgian's before but wow! He's a biggun!

Off topic... but unless you guys are midgets, that's a BIG horse. I've seen Belgian's before but wow! He's a biggun!

My dad is 5'10" and I'm 6'1" so yeahd hes a big one lol. Around 17+ hands and he weighed 2200 lbs last time we weighed him. Thanks