Can this barrel be threaded?

[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/_JoeBow_/Mobile%20Uploads/0420121919.jpg[/img]

As you can see, this is the heavy barrel 10/22.

If this can be threaded, who would I get to do it?

And before I consider that, do they make a 22 suppressor that is about the barrel diameter?
Most barrels can be threaded but a gunsmith will be able to give you a definite on that. As to the size of the suppressor, most .22 cans are around 1 inch in diameter I think so it would be close. I know the sparrow Im getting would be exactly flush with my barrel if it weren't for the cap on the end being rounded. Edited by gnmwilliams
[quote name='MacGyver' timestamp='1352732020' post='844259']
That barrel can be threaded, but you would likely be able to find a threaded 0.920" barrel for the same money or less than having it threaded. There are plenty of suppressors out there that are the same diameter.
[/quote]

That's even better.
Hey Ramjo,

Nothing wrong with selling your barrel and buying a factory but threading isn't that bad. I do it for $50. A new threaded .920 barrel is going to run you easily $120+ for the cheaper ones.

But yeah, the .920s look very nice with a Sparrow, Quest, Outback type 22 suppressor. I did a 10/22 tactical for my son a few years ago and with a quest, you couldn't tell where the barrel ended and the suppressor started. It was pretty slick. I have a stainless .920 in the shop if you're in the area you could look at. Be happy to help with the threading too.

Or, if you're interested in a stainless bull model, this one I have in the shop was brand new. Took it to a demo a few weeks ago... < 20-30 rounds through it. I'd take $50 and your barrel in trade if you want it.

I have a used quest suppressor in the shop as well. Have some Sparrows on order but the ATF is dragging here lately.

Good luck, the 10/22s are excellent suppressed weapons. Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 1
[quote name='LawEnforcementSalesTN' timestamp='1352963007' post='845947']
Hey Ramjo,

Nothing wrong with selling your barrel and buying a factory but threading isn't that bad. I do it for $50. A new threaded .920 barrel is going to run you easily $120+ for the cheaper ones.

But yeah, the .920s look very nice with a Sparrow, Quest, Outback type 22 suppressor. I did a 10/22 tactical for my son a few years ago and with a quest, you couldn't tell where the barrel ended and the suppressor started. It was pretty slick. I have a stainless .920 in the shop if you're in the area you could look at. Be happy to help with the threading too.

Or, if you're interested in a stainless bull model, this one I have in the shop was brand new. Took it to a demo a few weeks ago... < 20-30 rounds through it. I'd take $50 and your barrel in trade if you want it.

I have a used quest suppressor in the shop as well. Have some Sparrows on order but the ATF is dragging here lately.

Good luck, the 10/22s are excellent suppressed weapons.

I am a ways from you but what is the cost to thread a S&W M&P 15-22, I got one of the frist before they were threaded, the store where I deal said My gun and $125 for a new style
[/quote]
Hey Rab,

If you can remove the barrel, I can still do it for $50. If you don't have the barrel wrench, you can ship the whole gun and it will be $70... the S&Ws just take a little bit of extra time removing the barrel and such. Plus you have to recrown because the factory cut crown doesn't get completely removed during the turning down on the lathe. So it leaves a little lip. Some leave it but I prefer to machine the face square again and cut a new crown.

Plus shipping back depending on what you sent. Be happy to help though. Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
Sounds like a plan Ramjo... be thinking too if you'd like the barrel shortened any (if it's not already 16 inches).. By all means something that doesn't have to be done but just keep in mind the extra length a suppressor will add and if you want to try to compensate for that. No extra charge while it's already set up in the lathe to just whack it off but it's your personal preference on what ya want. The 10/22s look tacti-cool with the short barell/suppressor setup.

Just PM me when you're ready
  • Like 1

[quote name='LawEnforcementSalesTN' timestamp='1353253306' post='847624']Ha, yeah probably could have chosen a better selection of words there :o)[/quote]

Your supposed to say that will cost A LOT more than $50

[quote name='LawEnforcementSalesTN' timestamp='1353118622' post='846984']
Hey Rab,

If you can remove the barrel, I can still do it for $50. If you don't have the barrel wrench, you can ship the whole gun and it will be $70... the S&Ws just take a little bit of extra time removing the barrel and such. Plus you have to recrown because the factory cut crown doesn't get completely removed during the turning down on the lathe. So it leaves a little lip. Some leave it but I prefer to machine the face square again and cut a new crown.

Plus shipping back depending on what you sent. Be happy to help though.
[/quote]

I also have a Remington 541T that I would like to get threaded, that way all my 22 could used with a suppressor. As I said I live in Bluff City 1 hr or so from you maybe I could just drop them off and pickup or have you ship back. Can I get a protecter to screw over the threads that would look good when not useing the suppressor?
I also had a question about the muzzle break that I will use as a thread protector. It's one that looks like a 50 cal break, and should I get that and send it with the barrel so as to make sure it will fit on the threads and look straight?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-10-22-M22-50-Muzzle-Brake-THREADED-1-2x28-TPI-Or-PIN-ON-1022-/320926140010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=510068871583&hash=item4ab8b0466a
[quote name='rab' timestamp='1353263734' post='847702']
I also have a Remington 541T that I would like to get threaded, that way all my 22 could used with a suppressor. As I said I live in Bluff City 1 hr or so from you maybe I could just drop them off and pickup or have you ship back. Can I get a protecter to screw over the threads that would look good when not useing the suppressor?
[/quote]

Would you have a price on threading the 541-T,The barrel is 23 inchs,what would be advanage or disadvanage of shorting the barrel? Also how long would it take to thread both the M&P 15-22 and the Remington? I was thinking maybe that I could pick them up the same day Don't know how your schedule is.
Thanks
[quote name='LawEnforcementSalesTN' timestamp='1353282983' post='847844']
Ramjo, If you can send it, I will be sure there's no problems with it but I'd rather have the suppressor for a function fit ;o) ... You'll be ok either way buddy.
[/quote]

Lol. It will be awhile before I can afford a suppressor. I just want to have everything else ready to go when I can get one. [u][i]If you have one to recommend to me, I would like to see it. [/i][/u][b](Nevermind, I read your first post.) [/b] I want one the same diameter as the barrel.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZu0Z_FQlqQ[/media]

This looks like what I want!!! That's my gun pretty much. Edited by Ramjo
ramjo is that the ruger tactical 10/22 that you have? im thinking about getting that one, if it is and you dont mind let me know how you like it and how accurate it is.

[quote name='sL1k' timestamp='1353360457' post='848368']
ramjo is that the ruger tactical 10/22 that you have? im thinking about getting that one, if it is and you dont mind let me know how you like it and how accurate it is.
[/quote]

Yes, it is the 16" tacti-cool model. :pleased: I have a picture of my group at 120 yards over in the "winchester m-22 problems" topic of the ammunition and reloading forum. 1st page towards the bottom.

I really like this rifle. It's heavy for a 22, and it can be a challenge to hold on target for long from any position other than with the bipod.

[quote name='Ramjo' timestamp='1353374569' post='848519']

Yes, it is the 16" tacti-cool model. :pleased: I have a picture of my group at 120 yards over in the "winchester m-22 problems" topic of the ammunition and reloading forum. 1st page towards the bottom.

I really like this rifle. It's heavy for a 22, and it can be a challenge to hold on target for long from any position other than with the bipod.[/quote]

Thanks man I will check that group out. Waiting on a friend of mine to price one for me, if I buy a stock 10/22 change the barrel and stock like I want to its going to come out to the same price. Might as well have ruger do it out of the box :D

Rab, Same price to thread the 541 - $50.. timing wise, I can thread them both in a few hours... the protectors take more time to thread than the barrels since they have to be bored as well.. just more setup... Be best if you could bring it down one day and pick up the next or a weekend would be even better but if you had plans to visit Knoxville or had something to do for 3-4 hrs I could get it knocked out with prior scheduling.