How to stop bad people from doing bad things.

[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1355768866' post='861992']How did he NOT fatally shoot either of them. He was calm. Not center mass aim? Going for the knees? Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Glancing hits with a .380. Didn't kill them, but stopped the threat. Really, even with decent shot placement, folks don't always go right down. A 90lb deer hit with a 175 gr bullet moving 2,000 fps through both lungs might still go quite a ways before it stops.[/quote] I see. I didn't know it was a 380. He looked calm enough to put shots where he wanted. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I see. I didn't know it was a 380. He looked calm enough to put shots where he wanted.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I'm impressed at what a cool customer this gentleman was. From what I recall reading back then his shot placement was good, and he wounded the guy with several torso hits, but the guy was running away and at an angle and the rib cage is a very strong piece of armor. Nonetheless, he successfully achieved the desired result and those two will probably be changing their career to burglary rather than armed robbery.
  • Like 1
Now you see this here is a prime example of selective coverage of news by the national media. How is it that this story and stories like it are never or barely heard of in news outlets outside of the local areas where they happened? Why? I guess this is clear evidence of the mood of the people in power about what needs to happen when it comes to guns. As long as they don't take my right to carry or make me carry a revolver or some low caliber bullshit gun and ammo I'm fine with closing gunshow loopholes and maybe limiting firearms owned to a reasonable amount like 10 or 12 or something or maybe limiting the guns you can purchase per year to 4 or 5 I don't really care. If they cap the amount of guns that a man can legally own to 1 or 2 I'm already a criminal. If they limit the amount of firearms a person can purchase to 1 a year and it can only be a bullshit caliber and bullshit bullets I'm gonna feel like my rights are being restricted. If they take my right to carry then they may as well come take me to jail RIGHT NOW!

AND I'M NOT TURNING IN MY GUNZ! COME AND GET'EM YANKEE BOYZ!

If anything we might need to be going in the other direction; let's go back to when we were a young fledgling nation and Washington made it so that all able bodied men HAD to be armed as a matter of law. We were defending against the British then. We're defending against the criminals and crazy people now. Same difference!

So you are ok with gun control as long a it doesn't affect you?

You are silly to think that if they limit one set of "evil" guns then they will stop there. They will continue to find other "evil" guns to ban. Heck in some of the more liberal areas pellet rifles are outlawed because they are too powerful.

If you willing give up ANY firearm rights you will eventually be stuck holding a butter knife for your defense. Or worse yet mandated by law to surrender and not fight back.

Dolomite

Yeah, if "as long as it dosen't affect me" still means that as long as I'm not a criminal or insane I'm good to exercise my rights fully.

And as for the rest of that stuff all I have to say is this: They ain't crazy! I don't think they want any parts of that drama involved with trying to disarm the U.S. citizenry fully. They might as well kill themselves first. It would leave less of a mess.

First they came for the black assault rifles, but I did not object because I had no black assault rifles.

Then they came for the high-capacity magazines, but I did not object because I had no high-capacity magazines.

Then they came for the sniper rifles, but I did not object because I had no sniper rifles but they took my hunting rifles anyway.

Then they came for the sawed off shotguns, but I did not object because I had no sawed off shotguns.

Then they came for the handguns, but I did not object because I had no handguns.

Then they came for the hunting rifles, but I did not object because I no longer had  hunting rifles.

Then they came for the rest of my guns, but I did not object because I had had no other guns.

Then they came for the right to vote, but I did not object because I did not vote.

• Like 1
.....I guess this is clear evidence of the mood of the people in power about what needs to happen when it comes to guns. As long as they don't take my right to carry or make me carry a revolver or some low caliber bullshit gun and ammo I'm fine with closing gunshow loopholes and maybe limiting firearms owned to a reasonable amount like 10 or 12 or something or maybe limiting the guns you can purchase per year to 4 or 5 I don't really care.....

I'm not willing to allow any limit on the number of guns I can own or purchase.

• Like 1

I don't think people realize just how big of a job it would be to take guns away or ban their sale.  It would be committing political suicide in many areas.  All it would do would be to make sure the bad guys have guns.  As an american and a property owner and taxpayer, I feel I have the right to own and carry a gun and I don't intend to give it up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you may not want to give up your right to buy and carry guns, but if we don't get busy and call our congressman and senators, that's what will happen. These anti-gun folks have no interest in safety or children; they want the ordinary citizen disarmed and helpless. That's why i'm against any further restrictions on firearms. They won't stop until all privately owned firearms are banned.

I doubt that. 

No, what we should do is start killing the murderers and rapists in jails to allow more room for the petty robbers and thief's.

And the jay walkers, the people who snort and expel orally on the parking lot, and especially... People who spit out their chewing gum on the sidewalk / parking lot on a warm day  :rofl: