AnyBody Wanna Meet To Shoot

Guest Taurus Pro

Guest Taurus Pro

I cant make it to Owl Hollow This weekend , does anyone wanna meet at Guns and Leather saturday at 10 am To shoot acouple of boxes.

Let me know.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xjake

I would love to get out and shoot a few, but Greenbrier is about an hour away. Is there another range closer to Nashtown? IF so and you want to go, I'll meet you there.

Guest xjake

I think OHGC is members only, and I don't like the range on Hobson, though cleanly, they are a little too strict for my taste. I can understand the need for RSO's, however to force folks to place weapons on the table and cease handling them until the line is hot again seems excessive.

Anyway, my favorite range so far is in Manchester, though that is a pretty long drive as well.

Guest xjake

Wow, thanks for the update. I will ahve to go try that range. Do I still need to be a guest of a member, or simply being a newbie with tgo will get me in???

Also, does this range allow holstering? What are the SOP's?

I sifted through the website on this but didn't turn anything up. (didn't look very long.)

Guest eyebedam

I just got from Hobson pike range. Put 600rds through a P22. I had a good time. The last 30 mins I was there I was the only 1 shooting. I do agree there a little strict but most of the guys a pretty cool.

• Administrator
Wow, thanks for the update. I will ahve to go try that range. Do I still need to be a guest of a member, or simply being a newbie with tgo will get me in???

Also, does this range allow holstering? What are the SOP's?

I sifted through the website on this but didn't turn anything up. (didn't look very long.)

Just come on out. You'll be OK. :(

Holstering is fine. I've never had anyone tell me that I couldn't and I've always carried there and back. I no longer shoot at Hobson Pike because they get a hair in their ass anytime I want to holster my gun (on range) rather than leave it lying on the bench.

Guest Taurus Pro

Cool ill be there tomorrow , I will print the directions here in a minute . About how many rounds should i show up with

Guest xjake

That is exactly my issue with it. I go to the range to practice "everything", not just pick it up from a bench and shoot it. That just seems a little silly.

• Administrator
Cool ill be there tomorrow , I will print the directions here in a minute . About how many rounds should i show up with

As much as you want to shoot.

That is exactly my issue with it. I go to the range to practice "everything", not just pick it up from a bench and shoot it. That just seems a little silly.

Yep!

Tower! You coming to our neck of the woods? Bring your guns and let's shoot!

ask me in about a month and a half..I'll be in Nashvegas, working on towers up there :(
Guest themark712

I joined OHC this month, so if any of you guy ever want to meet up and shoot, drop me a PM and we'll set it up. My neighbor and I try to go every Tuesday, and if we can't hook up then, I'll just drive down from Cool Springs where I work.

Maybe one of you Owl Hollow members will take pitty on me and invite me out with you one day.

I've never been to a range in my life (always just shot @ the farm), and when I tried to join the OH online message board - evidently you have to be a member to sign up for the message board to ask about becoming a member :)

Anyway, I was wanting to see if it would be a good fit for me and the wife to join up and get some range time in before taking the carry class. So like I said - if one of you OH members wants to take pitty on us, let me know B)

Guys, how much does it cost for guests to shoot with you? can guests come and shoot?

I have many questions! :hat:

what does it cost and how long does it take to become a member?

I don't know how long I'll be in Nashville, or when I'll get there (It may be our next city to work in...) but if there's a WMA range close..I'll use that if Owl hollow isn't up to standards or takes too long to join.

Either way, if/when I do get up that way I'll look forward to shooting with you guys!

and DRM, If you don't get a chance to shoot at owl hollow, invite me out to your farm! I'll bring MY wife and all sorts of nifty goodies to shoot :D

• Administrator

Tower if my schedule and yours permit, I'd be happy to meet you and have you shoot at On Target (indoor range) in Murfreesboro while you are in town. It's about 30 miles southeast of Nashville proper.

Also several of our members are also members of Owl Hollow and any of them could have you as a guest there. Cost for a guest to shoot is $5.

Guest Mugster

On target kinda sucks for a number of reasons, but mostly for the draconian range rules and the fee.

There's a semi-decent 300 yard range down in manchester with a 50 meter handgun range as well, but it is about 50 miles from the center of nashville down I-24. It is a private range but its $5 to shoot as long as you want, no membership. The only downside is the rifle range slopes down a little, but for plinking its great.

The only public range within striking distance is in ashland city (twra). 100 yard rifle and i dunno, 15 yard handgun maybe all on the same line. It is difficult to find.