Big Guys CCW clothing

I am I Guess you can say an odd shaped guy I am 6'1" 354lb 48"waist 58"chest. So I am equally muscular as I am fat. I can wear a 3x t-shirt but button down shirts to use as cover garments are a B**ch to find. I am broad across the shoulders so a 4x fits everywhere except it is tight across the back. But a 5x looks like a tent. So for a cover garment I would need a 4xlt or 5xlt. I don't care too much for vests as they scream this guy has a gun, or gimmicks like thunderwear. I just want a shirt to put over a t shirt unbuttoned to cover my gun.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find good stuff cheap? The big and tall places will rape you on prices.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
You're a walking wall. Who's going to come up and tell you to disarm if you open carry?!? :D

I think I just peed a little!!!

ROFL.....dudes a tree trunk!!

Guest benchpresspower

Man I'm in the same boat as you. I am always trying to find a decent price on clothing. Believe it or not, check your local thrift shop (if you don't mind second hand stuff) you can luck up there but steer clear of Goodwill, I've NEVER found anything to fit there. Also, ebay usually has some deals if you're lucky. Good luck, if you happen to find something a reasonable price give me a shout. Oh and Ross Dress For Less has decent prices.

Have you tried pocket carry?.Considering your size you could do it with no problem.I speak from experience.I was 254 lbs at 5'9 several years ago and could conceal a full size auto with the right pants(Carhartt,Bdus,Dockers etc).I have a friend who is about 5'8 and 350 + who carries the same way with short barrel N frames.

As a charter member of the big boys club, I have had made some of my best clothing scores at Dillards and Belks. These two seem to have the best selection of Big Mens stuff. Watch them when they run there sales, if you keep an eye on them a lot of times after the sale they slap on an additional % off lowest price. Also with some of the Dillards closing there is some pretty nice stuff pretty cheap.

I know what you mean. I shop at Casual Male, and the prices are unreal. It's not cheap buying at Casual Male, all the while trying to dress stylish.

There aren't too many other places for us fat guys to shop. I have found some great deals on brand new, name brand clothing on ebay. I haven't purchased any yet, but I was able to find some great deals on great items. The prices were about 1/3 of regular prices.

Guest grimel

Men's Warehouse. I often find quality pants and casual shirts at just slightly more than Wal-Mart prices. I haven't fit in less than 3x comfortably in years.

Guest goomba

I'm 6'5 300lbs. most of the weight is in my gut. but I have actually found a few good deals at the Wal-Mart. yea surprised me too. but just make sure you hang dry the shirts. I had a nice Linen short sleeve button up that I washed and dryed. it shrunk about an inch & a half. I've had some other good cover shirts go bye bye b/c of drying them. take the time and wash and dry and your cover shrirts will last longer.

dang.... I wasnt trying to sound like one of my aunts....sorry guys....

Just for those that asked... I went to Belk tonight the lady didnt say anything but looked a little concerned as I was trying on dress shirts leaving them unbuttoned and reaching my right arm up. She didnt seemed concerned about the gun but curious as to wtf I was doing. Belk has some nice stuff but pricey...thanks VERO1. Burlington is also very good has alot of big mens stuff.