NH Statehouse, Proposing gun ban on themselves

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerson-Brown, who doesn't own a gun, said she heard from parents who are afraid to let their children visit the Statehouse on student field trips.

Really, the last person I would expect to be shot by would be one of the Reps. Seriously that would hurt their re-election chances.

Of course the individual who made this proposal doesn't own a gun.  She probably thinks a gun is some way magically connected to people in such a way that if you make them even a little mad the gun will shoot you with no input whatsoever form the gun's owner.  Recognizing that this hazard existed I don't understand why she ran for this office.  It could be detrimental to her health. 

Edited by Dave Nowlin
From the article:

"The ban would not apply to armed security guards."

"Politics is passionate and adding firearms to that mix is deadly," said Emerson-Brown, who's serving her first term in the House.

I'm really getting tired of the line of thought that a badge makes eveything ok.

Sigh, maybe I need to order a HCP badge.

There are those who are too lazy or too stupid to protect themselves, they would rather have the false security that someone else is protecting them. Sheep.

I'm tired of having their belief imposed on me. Edited by BrasilNuts
"Politics is passionate and adding firearms to that mix is deadly," said Emerson-Brown, who's serving her first term in the House.

The current rule allowing lawmakers to carry guns was put in place two years ago under the leadership of former House Speaker William O'Brien, R-Mont Vernon. He said it's an important deterrent against crazed individuals from launching attacks.

"Those who would misuse guns haven't come to the Statehouse," O'Brien said.

He said gun-free zones like schools and movie theaters aren't necessarily safer, evidenced by the Newtown and Aurora shootings this year.

I'd say Emerson-Brown is, unfortunately, going to have a long career in politics. In her first term she's already trying to undo a policy that has been working just fine for two years. She can't allow common-sense, effective policies to continue. The sign of a true politician.