eBay policies... Arrrggghhhh!!!!

jay1313g

Out of curiosity, I was watching magazine prices on eBay to see how crazy they would get. It seemed like every time I would "watch" one, it would disappear the next day. Huh?

Researching it further, I found out that even the accessories you sell have to meet California restrictions. This is why you can only find 10 rounders on eBay.

Some of the craziness I saw was:
Two Glock 23 mags (13 rounders) at $152 with 3 days to go.
One Glock 22/23 extended mag (22 rounder) was up to $80 after just 6 hours and had 6 1/2 days to go!

These prices were having me consider putting some of my extras on there, but eBay is killing off the listings before you can ever see what a mass of scared sheep are willing to pay!

eBay and PayPal! Do you have to prove you have been neutered to work there!
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't understand how so many of the auctions got past the auto listing filters.

You can fudge by listing them in a deceptive way, but many plainly showed "30 round magazine" and similar in main title.

Apparently (from reading emails posted on other forums) as they caught up and started nuking them manually, first offense was a three day ban with all listings ended, second was more severe, and third was permanent ban with PayPal nuked also.

- OS

I got caught too.  I thought I would be slick, did only a 24 hour listing on a high capacity magazine I no longer need, and got caught with 2 hours to go with a several good bids.  I kept it basic and simple with no reference to the capacity number.  Their response to me was: 

(Ebay User Name)

You recently listed the following listing:
 I
tem:  xyz

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

We do not permit the sale of firearm magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.

We understand that you may not have been aware of these limitations, and that you most likely did not intentionally disregard eBay policy. However, we must ask that you do not relist this item; Doing so may jeopardize your eBay account. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

Magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or less may be listed. However, the capacity must be stated in the item description, or clearly visible within the images used in the listing. If there are contradicting terms (i.e. 10 rounds or less is stated, but the image shows 15) these listings may also be removed.

eBay prohibits the sale of magazines that accept more than 10 rounds, typically referred to as "high capacity" magazines. These items may not be sold, regardless of how they are described in the listing.

For more information on our policy, please review visit the Firearms section of the following link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension

Edited by Runco
I got caught too.  I thought I would be slick, did only a 24 hour listing on a high capacity magazine...

Thanks for the post ...

I guess the letter I saw posted with suspension was for a second offense or something, sorry for inaccurate info...

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

They'll get around to banning reloading dies by saying you can reload more than what will fit in a 30 round

clip. Just the way their PC minds work. Really dumb.