Glock 23 .40 cal conversion to 9mm

Newman

Looking to purchase a conversion "kit" to have the ability to also shoot 9mm with my Glock Gen4 23 .40cal. My question is this: I know I have to purchase the 9mm conversion barrel, but do I also have to change the magazine from the 40cal to the 9mm magazine or can I still use the 40cal magazine the G23 came with? Thanks, Newman
Also, do you all know how hard it is to find a conversion barrel along with any G19 15 or 17 round magazine??? I have searched for 2 hrs on and off (during work) and cannot find them!!!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!

Lone Wolf has them on a 15 week lead time. Sheesh!!!!!!
Also, do you all know how hard it is to find a conversion barrel along with any G19 15 or 17 round magazine??? I have searched for 2 hrs on and off (during work) and cannot find them!!!!!! Sheesh!!!!!!!

Lone Wolf has them on a 15 week lead time. Sheesh!!!!!!

Now is a bad time to try to find these things. Everyone is running scared!

I have a conversion kit for my G23 and it rocks...you do need to use the 9mm mags, but the extractor and everything else stays the same...i have had ZERO issues with it.  I use both KCI (korean) and glock mags...cant tell a difference in function.  My friend has had the same problem as you...hes been hunting for a barrel for over 2 months...course now he's kicking himself for not at least buying the mags when they were available.

You just need to go ahead and order a conversion barrel even if it is on back-order and then expect it to take a LOT longer than they indicate. I ordered a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G23 in early June when they said they were backordered until the end of June...after pushing the backorder date about five times they finally sent it to me in November. :waiting:

I have a friend who runs a OEM 34 barrel in his 35 for plinking and shooting steel plates.  I asked him why he didn't use a conversion barrel and he told me he didn't have one, but had the 34 barrel and it works well enough for shooting steel plates, etc.  I watched him shoot it with impunity by simply changing the OEM 35 barrel for a 34 barrel, then slap 9mm mags in the "35"  and go to town on steel plates.  If I had a 23 or 22, or 24 I would try it with one of my own OEM barrels but I don't and won't use someone else's gun but I saw it with my own eyes as working.  When I asked this hardcore and very prolific shooter,  "Doesn't the smaller OD of the OEM barrel in the .40 slide cause accuracy problems?  He told me that for his purposes of shooting steel it works just fine.  Although I have frittered away some serious money just for a gun experiment I am not buying a .40 just to play around with this.