Wow, my timing stinks...

Believe it or not, I had started an AR build before all the madness struck. I had an upper assembly and was waiting on a lower to come in. I ordered the lower several weeks ago online, and with no responses (even before everybody was swamped) I figured it had fallen through. My card wasn't charged either. So I finally decided to just give up the upper and sell it being the pessimist I am and move on hoping for sunny skies in few months.

Well surprise, surprise. The next day my lower shows up the same day I ship off my upper. I went ahead and installed my LPK and at least got play bang with my lower and pretend.

I hope suppliers don't get so stressed out by the situation and quit. This would be a stressful business to be in right now.

Well, I may be in luck. Del-Ton actually got some barrel assemblies in today and I think I got one ordered in time. It even says they are still in stock. They don't have charging handles or BCG, but found a handle. Now it looks like BCGs are the new hard-to-get part of the day. Seeing those on gunbroker in the 300-400's.

You may want to check with Bravo Company Manufacturing for parts and or uppers.

They are a premier supplier though and are typically wiped out as of late.

Also someone here introduced me to joeboboutfitters and they have been great to work with and prices are good.

My luck not so hot either.

After my experiences in the Army with the M16A2 I have always stayed away from ARs, considering them total crap for reliability and grossly underpowered .  I finally was able to shoot an "M4gery" in November and loved it.  It went thru 3 mags with no jams.  Super cool.

I finally decided to order an AR....  All this broke before I was able to get up the funds.  LOL

Life has been good without an AR or AK, and is still good.  But damn.  That timing sucked

Edited by Will H