My New Toy

Bought a new toy this weekend at the fairgrounds show, a Ruger Charger .22.

I know it will have pretty limited utility, but this has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on! :devil: At 100 yards from the bench a 6" bullseye does not have a chance. At 50 yards my spinners turn like a fan. If you like to burn .22's I highly reccomend one. BTW I put a 2-7x scope on it, cleaned it, set the scope, and put close to 1000 rounds through it Sunday afternoon, so far only the usual ammo related problems.

If I can ever figure out how to post pics I'll put some up.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another forum member here, Jason F, just got one a few weeks ago. It's fun to shoot!! He brought it to our last Mid TN get together and it's a good shooting little gun. I don't know if I should call it a pistol, carbine, rifle, or what?

Guest EasilyObsessed
BTW I put a 2-7x scope on it, cleaned it, set the scope, and put close to 1000 rounds through it Sunday afternoon, so far only the usual ammo related problems.

Congratz on the purchase!

If you want to mod it just a bit to where it shouldnt ever have any ammo problems....throw in a bolt buffer and a volquartsen (sp?) extractor. My 10/22 had the same problems with bulk ammo originally, and now after thousands upon thousands of rounds, I have yet to have single problem :leaving:

Guest Jason F.

I recently got a Charger my self. It is a blast to shoot. Last weekend at the range I shoot it almost exclusively. I barely shot any of the other pistols or the other rifle I brought. It certainly made for a cheap and fun day at the range.

If you really want it to shoot great feed it some SK standard plus or Eley Target ammo. Mine went from just chewing up a bull at 50 yards with bulk to putting them nearly through the same hole at 50 yards.

Mike,

It has a 10" barrel, based on Rugers' 10/22 action. It's a blast to shoot! My 14 year old son can nail an 18" gong at 100 yards (from the bench) every time.

BTW, it's classified as a handgun. It comes with a very nice bi-pod and 1 standard 10 round rotary mag. (10/22 mag).

With the price of ammo (centerfire) and reloading components what it is,it looks like I'm going to be shooting a lot more .22's for a while.