Pat Buchanan Drops the "R" Word

A bit more on this, pick up from another site.

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.
About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.
If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.
Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.
Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.
I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.
Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?
A we

ll regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.
For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here:

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington
The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

I could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns. Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.
We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple.
A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.
Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.
If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.
Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.
I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.
Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.
I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.
If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770′s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference.
This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos.
I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.
What I do know is that this country was founded by people who had balls the size of Texas and Patriotic Americans take **** off of no one, especially our own government. For evidence of that, you might research the Revolutionary War. My question is how many Patriots are left?
I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I can not tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery.

You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.
I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.
For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.
Are you willing to die to take my guns?

IMPORTANT UPDATE From Dean Garrison!!! When this post originally went viral I was trying to answer every single comment and that lasted for almost 48 hours Then I came to grips with the fact that I am human and I can’t do it. If for no other reason I value my family and I can’t steal time from them to constantly be on the site. I want you all to know that I appreciate your support and good debate whether you agree or disagree. I also want to thank each and every American Patriot who has made the honorable choice to serve their country. Anyone who wants to repost this on their blog or website is also given permission to do so, so long as nothing is changed in the text of the article, and a link is provided back to this site. Again, thank you so much. I am humbled. This free wordpress blog has just gone from averaging 300 visitors per day 40,000-50,000 hits per day and I have no idea when things may return to normal. That was caused by the people that cared and not the author. I am just an average American that cares. Every Facebook share, retweet, and email is helping and please continue to support what you believe in. We make no money from this blog. We may someday, but for now it is our choice to offer the truth as we see it for the good of our country and not for anything material. Keep on sharing and let’s make them pay attention to us! No sane American really wants a Civil War. We want peace but we will not back down from a government that chooses to ignore our founding principles. I am forever in your debt and service. -Dean Garrison Source: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline

”The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
~Thomas Jefferson

I hope we never come to his, I hope the Reps come to listen to us and not make us come to this.

If it does come to this, well we will have to take a path, some will take the path

that will insure we will be free, I WILL BE FREE.

• Like 1

The people in charge are psychotic, narcissistic douche bags but they are NOT stupid.  

What we NEED is a leader to rally behind.  Black folks had/have them.  They cater to their interests and stand as a beacon to the masses.  We need a second amendment MLK jr.  IF we had a rally point/person we could then get truly organized.  IF we could truly get organized the feds would back down.....FAST.  There'd be no need for revolution.  The Cold War gave us M.A.D.  Mutually Assured Destruction.  It worked quite well.  IF we could get organized on a national level we would have a standing ARMED militia that would out number everything the feds have by an order of magnitude!  This wouldn't just settle everything overnight, it would also boost the sales of undergarments.  Every politician and liberal would collectively defecate in their panties.  They'd have no alternative other than to STFU.  

It needs to be done!  I am no leader but I'm more than happy to follow.  

....shut up Caster.  You're talking stupid fantasy fiction again.  No one wants to hear that crap.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

Revolution and 2A go hand in hand. IMHO

It certainly provides an avenue for it but it shouldn't EVER be necessary. There's HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of weapons in the hands of the people. The Feds should cower in fear of that knowledge. They don't. Why? Because they have doped the country with an apathetic sedative.

For Superntural fans, think Turducken sandwich. They've fed the country so much of it we are all docile cattle and any who try to break free from it are easily portrayed as domestic terrorists and the sheeple nod in agreement readily.

We will never see organization or revolution until its all but too late. The price will be so incredibly high.
You can talk about all this and get lots of people to agree, then try to get something going and what happens? ...welllllll, I would like to but I got to be to work in the morning, the wife has her yoga class and the kids have a softball game tomorrow. I'd love to help save the country but the wife says its not a good idea. American idol is coming on tonight.

....the BS goes on and nothing ever changes. It never will until things are all but destitute. The Amerikan sheeple are lazy fatazzes who aren't going to do squat. Disagree? Prove me wrong! I'll be happy to eat crow.
  • Like 4

I wish I could say we have a chance. All I was saying is that a revolution led to 2A being penned and it was written in case the need for a revolution ever came to pass again.

Edited by Reaper

The majority of Americans would not need to revolt to cause a massive revolution.  Even if just a very small percentage took up arms the government would be overwhelmed.  Here's an interesting fact from America's past........

* During the Revolutionary War, only THREE percent of the people actually fought against Great Britain.

* Only TEN percent of the citizens actively supported that three percent.

* Approximately TWENTY percent considered themselves to be on the side of the Revolution, but they did not actively participate.

* Toward the climactic end of the war, approximately THIRTY percent actually fought on the side of the British.

* The rest of the citizens had no disposition either way. They didn’t care. They didn’t want anything to do with what they deemed to simply be a political issue.

The sanctity, liberty, and freedoms of this nation were brought about by the unselfish, honorable, patriotic, committed, and determined acts of a mere 3%. 

This three percent didn’t let the comforts of life blind them to the eternal significance of freedom. They didn’t allow evil speaking to sway what their heart told them was true. They didn’t postpone their actions for a more convenient time. They didn’t value their own life over the life and liberty of their fellow citizens. 

In many cases, they sealed their testimony of Freedom, Liberty, and Choice with their blood and the blood of their families. Although it was only three percent, it was still sufficient to create a nation which was to be an example to all the rest of the world of a truly free republic. This three percent laid the foundation of the most powerful and prosperous nation on the earth. This valiant three percent manifested to the entire nation, and surely even the world, the unalienable value of hope, faith, family, virtue and freedom.

• Like 3
Guest ThePunisher
Excellent article above that all gun owners as well as all Americans should read. Sums it pretty clearly; live and die as free people or live and die as slaves to government tyranny. I'm too old and onery to live as a slave the rest of my days.
God I hope there isn't a revolution in my lifetime, cause I'd lose my mind trying to organize and train so many Rambo yahoos that have been looking forward to such an event. It'd be a challenge to fight the urge to choke the s*** out of them as they emerge from the relative safety of their mom's basement, donning all the tactical gear they scored at a gun show and then realizing that there is more to war than arguing with a 9 year old on XBOX Live over which is more reliable: a SCAR or an STG77, while neither sees the obvious flaw in their respective arguments which is that neither has ever held one let alone employed one in combat. Rant off.
  • Like 7
Guest 6.8 AR

RED333. That article is why I keep pounding the idea that they are trying to make us into criminals. It is a tactic of government

to subdue what it considers contrary to its direction. Political ideology can make mincemeat out of a country very fast. The Founders

knew of its possibility. We have to protect what is right and what is ours. We have to get rid of that ideology that wishes to crush us.

If they pass laws that are unconstitutional, we will eventually have to correct the situation. 

Good article

Guest 6.8 AR

God I hope there isn't a revolution in my lifetime, cause I'd lose my mind trying to organize and train so many Rambo yahoos that have been looking forward to such an event. It'd be a challenge to fight the urge to choke the s*** out of them as they emerge from the relative safety of their mom's basement, donning all the tactical gear they scored at a gun show and then realizing that there is more to war than arguing with a 9 year old on XBOX Live over which is more reliable: a SCAR or an STG77, while neither sees the obvious flaw in their respective arguments which is that neither has ever held one let alone employed one in combat. Rant off.

I hope not, also. You never know.

[quote name="6.8 AR" post="877820" timestamp="1357536636"]I hope not, also. You never know.[/quote] If a revolution happens I'll make it a point to be a Quartermaster. I don't think I would have the patience for the pool of current "volunteers".
Guest ThePunisher
It appears that the government is welcoming a showdown. It definitely looks like they want to draw first blood. Too many arrogant SOB's in Washington that are not listening to their constituents, because they think they are smarter and know better than the peasants back home. They don't want to get the peasants riled up.
Guest macmonkey

I would hope that you will find it easier than you believe.  World War II was full of volunteers whom came from all walks of life and we got the job done there.  I think the seriousness of the situation will set in real quick when people like me realize that real bullets will be coming back at them.  Please have a little more faith in your fellow citizens as we'll be depending on you to make us a legitimate force.

Wonder where the next Ruby Ridge will be?  The government will pick its spot so that the media can give a huge amount of coverage.  They will need to create a massive show of force in order to sufficiently awe the Citizenry.  It will be violent and bloody.  It will, by necessity, need to occur quickly so that it will go hand in hand with the media blitz being ginned up to show Wal Mart and other "Big Business" interest to go along with the "reasonable, common sense" gun control restrictions about to be agreed to by Republican and Democrat alike.

• Like 1
[quote name="macmonkey" post="877885" timestamp="1357561630"] Please have a little more faith in your fellow citizens as we'll be depending on you to make us a legitimate force.[/quote] No. I strongly suspect that the loudest voices aching for conflict don't really understand what they're hoping for and I doubt they have the stomach to do what would have to be done. Having trained, equipped and fought along side folks who spent their lives under real oppression such as displacement, bombs and mustard gas, there was a different eagerness to take control of their destiny by force. Ambivalence, having experienced the horror of conflict but understanding what had to be done to secure freedom for their children. Nobody was itching for a fight or looking for storybook glory. We haven't experienced that kind of oppression and I haven't seen the same kind of understanding of war from the loudest voices condoning or hoping for a revolution. Not that I worry it will happen, but from my perspective you have to understand how absolutely silly the notion of it is considering the contrast between real oppression and a government overstepping its bounds, especially when the notion is being posed by folks that could never truly grasp how destructive and terrifying that reality is until they see it for themselves. In fact, I don't think I truly grasp it either since I knew eventually I'd be getting back on a plane to my big American house, so I could drive my big American truck and bang my hot American wife. But perhaps I have just a little more insight than most so I can put it into perspective. I dunno, I'd rather see my kids grow to continue the fight at the ballot box, make me grand kids and put me in a home when I'm 90 so I can feign dementia and grab young nurses' asses. That sounds a lot better to me than getting blown into a half dozen pieces by a hellfire as my family goes on to starve without a provider. If that makes me a sheeple, well then..... Baaaahhhh.

Wonder where the next Ruby Ridge will be?  The government will pick its spot so that the media can give a huge amount of coverage.  They will need to create a massive show of force in order to sufficiently awe the Citizenry.  It will be violent and bloody.  It will, by necessity, need to occur quickly so that it will go hand in hand with the media blitz being ginned up to show Wal Mart and other "Big Business" interest to go along with the "reasonable, common sense" gun control restrictions about to be agreed to by Republican and Democrat alike.

I'm gonna guess Bells Tn.  Are you worried? :rofl:

Dean Garrison in his blog tells it pretty much like it is as far as citizen responsibility goes to preserve the republic.  However, the big question is, "Are we too far down the road to the American dream to stop the American nightmare?"

I don't think I would have the patience for the pool of current "volunteers".

Betcha Geo. Washington thought something similar when faced with his rag-tag band of non-trained and ill-equipped 'ruffians' he was supposed to make into a continental army.

I dunno, I'd rather see my kids grow to continue the fight at the ballot box, make me grand kids and put me in a home when I'm 90 so I can feign dementia and grab young nurses' asses. That sounds a lot better to me than getting blown into a half dozen pieces by a hellfire as my family goes on to starve without a provider. If that makes me a sheeple, well then..... Baaaahhhh.

Ultimately, I think, you are right-  the fight to keep/restore our rights, Constitution, Bill of Rights, etc will be one of education, challenging questionable legislation, and the ballot box- and I don't think that makes anyone a 'sheep', just smart and thinking long-term. Not only should we direct our behavior and actions toward what we believe in, but also instill those same beliefs and values in our kids and grandkids. It's not a 2013 issue- it's a 'forever' issue, and we have a responsibility to make sure that we teach our families and children what is so special about this country, and why they should continue to fight for the ideals it was founded upon (even if the schools won't). Doing so will help the country live on and prosper far more effectively than other proposals floating around the internet.  Dead folks can't vote or pressure their representatives to 'represent'.

Just my humble opinion, anyway.

[quote name="superduty" post="878105" timestamp="1357580884"]Betcha Geo. Washington thought something similar when faced with his rag-tag band of non-trained and ill-equipped 'ruffians' he was supposed to make into a continental army.    [/quote] Yeah, but folks knew how to live hard back then and war wasn't romanticized the way it is today in movies and video games. I've had great success with turning 'rag tag ruffians' into meat eating door kickers, but that was from a population of folks who knew the reality and gravity of the situation they were entering. I don't think the folks who fantasize about a second revolution understand that, and probably wouldn't until it was unfolding before them.
Guest ThePunisher
I'm a firm believer in the Constitution and the ballot box process. What we're dealing with now in the WH and DC is that they are trampling the Constitution, and even the ballot box process where we're not even sure our vote is meaningful anymore. When your 2nd A rights are gone, then the Constitution is meaningless for a Constitutional Republic. Everyone will be at the mercy of the tyrannical government. History is repeating before your very eyes with people not even realizing what is happening to our country. I can't believe some of the s#* t I see and read everyday that takes a another freedom from us.

I believe we screwed up the ballot process thirty or forty years ago when everybody was complacent with just having fun and getting lazy instead of being vigilant to these tyrant politicians in DC, state and local. If the 2nd Amendment is abolished by the commie and comrads, then forget about your bliss and happiness the rest of your lives, unless you're willing to embrace slavery and become a good comrade. And I doubt you will ever have that same feeling of happiness living under threat the rest of your life. Keeping the 2nd Amendment intact is our only hope of living with liberty and freedoms. We're at the crossroards of liberty or slavery in this country, and may God help us if we surrender our Constitutional rights to these commies. Edited by ThePunisher