Sig p6/225 vs Sig 226

LI0NSFAN

I am looking at picking up another Sig. I have delt with a p6/225 and liked a lot and am leaning that way. I just wanted to know if anyone has shot both for comparison and what you thought. I like the SA/DA of the p6/225 but am not stuck on that feature, will most likely have it in DA most of the time. Just looking for peoples opinion of the feel of each gun, they are both Sigs so both should have good accuracy. I am having a little trouble finding a p6/225 or a reasonable priced 226 (other than IRO-bot, he is just to far) that I can order or pick up in the knox area, so any help on that would be great. Thanks

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both a P6 and P226. I prefer to carry the P6 due to size and excellent fit, but my P226 has the best trigger of the two by far. Just remember not all P6 like hollow point ammo. If you are very serious about sigs and money is not a problem, get the P225, they are rare, haven't seen any other than GB. The P6 when found should still be reasonable, I.e. $350ish, the P226 probably has a lot of post sandy market effect, Maybe N of $500ish. Get both if the budget allows. My 2 cents.
Guest Gwith40

Also, think about a p228, if you can find one. I love mine. Runs like an old sewing machine and will eat practically anything...plus more capacity than the 225.

Guest Gwith40

My 228 and the 220 I used to have were the most accurate pistols I have ever fired. I love putting that 228 up against glock guys. I know one with a g34 that he loves to brag about.....couldn't outshoot my 228 with it....hahahaha.

My 228 and the 220 I used to have were the most accurate pistols I have ever fired. I love putting that 228 up against glock guys. I know one with a g34 that he loves to brag about.....couldn't outshoot my 228 with it....hahahaha.

I usually shoot against myself by taking 5 to 7 of my handguns to the range.  My P220 is the most accurate of my pistols.  I shoot against my Glocks, Beretta and othe Sigs.  My Glock 17, is an honable mention #3 or #4 in my stash for accuracy. 

• 1 month later...

It took me close to 6 months to find the one I wanted. In that time frame, maybe seen a total of 3. Be patient, they will turn up. There use to be someone on Gunsamerica that had several for somewhat reasonable pricing, came close to buying, but in the end, finally found one on Armslist that was perfect.

I guy on guns America has 3 p225 p6 for sale as of 2 minutes ago

I am horrible at searching  on Guns America, always have been. I just ran a search and only came up with one and after gun+shipping+3% for CC and transfer fee it would be over $600. At that point it is just not worth it. But atleast I found one for sale.