New York to grant retired cops exemption from mag ban

Truly a two class system in New York!'

"The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement  saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers." 

Anyone read Animal Farm recently?

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

How is a retired LEO anything but a citizen?

In fact. How is a LEO anything but a citizen with a badge?

"Provide the appropriate exemptions..."

Truly a two class system in New York!'

"The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement  saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers." 

Anyone read Animal Farm recently?

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

Nail, meet hammer.

Well if all the HCP states would just deputize all gun permit holders, then this would solve the problem of carrying illegal weapons.

There's a problem with that. Remember that Kwik used to have a permit and I believe Tex still does. I don't think we need that kind of representation with that kind of power. 

Nail, meet hammer.

I can't speak for the retired LEO's, however as the law stands now, on-duty cops cannot carry anything more than the 7 round mag. While I feel the whole law is idiotic, I would think on-duty LEO'S would constitute an appropriate exemption.
  • Like 1

Yup, right now the New York cops are limited by Law to 7 rounds.  They rushed that though so fast they didn't even consider anything.

Well I can't imagine why anyone would need more than 7 rounds ..... Seems fair to me. I'm sure the criminals will only have 7 rounds too so it should create and even playing field.

/sarcasm
  • Like 2

Well I can't imagine why anyone would need more than 7 rounds ..... Seems fair to me. I'm sure the criminals will only have 7 rounds too so it should create and even playing field.

/sarcasm

But those criminals will have a sack full of hammers.  When was the last time you saw a cop with a hammer?

• Like 1

We do it here in TN ALL the time as well...  And the fact is police officers and former police officer are convicted of crimes at a much higher rate per capita than HCP permit holders, and even the public in general.

Yet, people are afraid of us having firearms on us :)

Nail, meet hammer.

• Like 1

There's a problem with that. Remember that Kwik used to have a permit and I believe Tex still does. I don't think we need that kind of representation with that kind of power. 

And so the cycle continues.  There will always be bad apples in every bunch.  So the rest of us should be penalized because of them?  That's exactly what 0bama and the lefty's want to do.

Guest Lester Weevils

Perhaps the 7 rd limit for police would benefit NY citizens. Thataway, next time a NYC citizen his pulls his wallet standing on his own front step, forcing a gang of NYC's finest into a mag dump, said NYC citizen will only be half as dead! :)

Ferinstance the four cops would have only been able to send a max of 28 bullets in the direction of Amadou Diallo rather than 41, and he would only have been hit 9 or 10 times rather than 19! That would have been much less tragic! OTOH, if the NYC cops are only allowed to carry flintlock muskets as the founders intended when writing the constitution, Diallo would have only been hit 2 times (or maybe 4 times if each policeman carries dual muskets).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadou_Diallo_shooting

Edited by Lester Weevils

I do not suspect much of this will be enforced and maybe im hoping some republican 

will take it to court......it would loose and be deemed un constitutional but by then the 

law abiding NYker has sold off his mags and semi autos.,

a buddy of mine went to pick up his ordered Glock19 in NY ,they handed him a gun with

no mags.......thats that.......

Edited by SonnyCrockett