Another Proud American becomes a Gunowner

My bosses boss found out today that I carry. Instead of shock and a crazy look, he had for me, a slew of questions.

I answered them and thought not much about it.

I didn't realize why he was asking them though. Tonight he called me and asked if I would help him.

It seems that he was working one night in a less than safe neighborhood. (that happens often since we work on towers all over the place) and stopped at a quickstop for an item.

when he got out of the truck, he was approached by 4 guys. one of them asked him for spare change.

when my boss told him he didn't have any spare change, the man became insistent and he and his "friends" followed my boss into the store and continued to harass him.

to make a long story short, he was polite but kept saying he didn't have any change and left to remarks such as "you effing honky" etc.

Tomorrow, he's going to drive to Nashville and buy Hornet Handlers' XD.

He pretty asked me in a very businesslike manner to provide him with the name, number and location of a business that would give him and his wife instruction on concealed carry, and asked me to help them get their HCP.

Now THAT is a weird, but good day. I'm so used to the anti gun bias that I'm a little taken aback by it...still wondering what can go wrong here?

I guess I got drenched by that "groundswell of 2nd amendment support" that I always hear people talking about...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
That's pretty awesome. At least you steered him in the right direction with the XD.:shake:

Keep us informed with their progress.

i was just going to ask why you did steer him in to that direction but then i figured that you really didn't like him that much because if you did we all know you would of found him a GLOCK :D

thanks, I will do that. As for the XD, I wanted to find something for him that would be simple to operate, accurate and lightweight and safe. I didn't expect to find that kind of a deal..I'm happy that both parties are getting what they want out of the deal.

:shake:

i was just going to ask why you did steer him in to that direction but then i figured that you really didn't like him that much because if you did we all know you would of found him a GLOCK :D

:shake: Touché!

Glocks are Ok, I guess. Let us know when you're ready to move up to the Hi-Point.:D

Guest GLOCKGUY
LOL....Thanks! I thought it was so good that I had to use it in another thread.

ya i think im going to steal it and use it against the XD guys on other forums i check out :shake:

Guest db99wj
Congrats on your boss' "enlightening."

Glock/XD/M&P--they're all the same thing. :D

Hey, hey, watch it! :D

Ok, maybe, I guess it is just different flavors of :rolleyes:!:D

Guest bkelm18
Glad that he's taking the first step on being a gun owner. To bad he had to almost get mugged to get the point.

Unfortunately, that's how it happens a lot. They think that it could never happen to them, so why carry. Then it does happen to them. Changes their whole outlook on personal protection.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Unfortunately, that's how it happens a lot. They think that it could never happen to them, so why carry. Then it does happen to them. Changes their whole outlook on personal protection.

this is what happen to me i was 22 and never owned a gun got robbed in Atlanta GA. at an ATM and after that it was time to buy a gun.:rolleyes: