A little help, please (Sig Sauer)

knox

I like what I read and see about the Sig SP 2022.  They Decocker is smooth and the function of the gun seems very reliable.

I don't know much about Sigs, other than there are a LOT of different models.  What would most resemble the 2022, yet be a little up the ladder in quality? I am only interested in 9mm if there are other calibers.  Hopefully in the $700 range.  

Thanks!

Do you want single stack, double stack? Polymer frame, metal frame?

There's the:

2022 15Rds        SA/DA    Poly

250   12-15Rds   DAO      Poly

226   15-19Rds   SA/DA   Metal

229   13Rds        SA/DA   Metal

239   8Rds          SA/DA   Metal

The last 3 can also be had with the DAK trigger.

• Like 1

The 226, 228, and 229 are supposedly (i.e. the internet says so - do some digging) a step up in quality from the 2022.  The primary difference between the 2022 and the "legacy models" 226 and 229 is the polymer frame of the 2022, while the 226, 228, and 229 are built on alloy frames.  A thorough internet search on the different features of the 2022 v. the three models I mentioned should tell you whether there are any other major differences beyond the frame.

I've had a 239 and 229 and both were flawless.  The 239 was too big for what it was, so I let it go.  The 229 is never leaving my side.

Go with the base P226 model, and enjoy.  New or used, outstanding firearm.  I currently own many Glocks, Berettas and Sigs, ALL are excellent firearms, if it must be Sig, and it must be a 9mm, go with the classic.  As always, with a Sig, there comes a serious risk of signess diease.

Thanks for the input, guys.  I have learned a lot this evening.

After literally 1.5 hours of solid research, youtubing, and forum surfing, I think the 229 is what I am looking for.  I have a single stack carry in my Walther PPS, so this will be a house / range pistol (Once ammo becomes available again).  The 226 is a bit larger than I was looking for.

If I was looking for a sig 9mm I'd look for an old P228 before they beefed up the frame for the P229, but that's just my personal opinion on the "best" sig in 9mm.

The fullsize P226 is probably what your wanting if you wanna 'step up'

• Like 1

If I was looking for a sig 9mm I'd look for an old P228 before they beefed up the frame for the P229, but that's just my personal opinion on the "best" sig in 9mm.

The fullsize P226 is probably what your wanting if you wanna 'step up'

I agree on this one. I picked up a West German p228 from 1989 for the top of your price range.

Great pistol, easy shooter, very accurate with the DA/SA trigger.

Still average concealability if you need to.

A friend got a new Navy p226 and it adds a bit more accuracy but drops some concealability.

Both very nice pistols.