DHS Raids Gun Collector – Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns – No Charges Filed

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Like I suspected. He may never see any of his guns because of the property seizure and forfeiture laws, and the Patriot Act.

That is just sickening. I agree with a lot of those comments on that page, also. Bad things are coming down the pike and more

of this will continue to happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say those asset seizure and property laws I bitch and moan about are about the most

unconstitutional bunch of laws on the books in this country because they violate about half of the Bill of Rights right out

of the gate. Why in God's name haven't they ever been challenged? If you are charged with a crime and cannot afford

to defend yourself, whether or not you are a criminal, your rights have been violated. I don't know, but there used to be

something called the presumption of innocence. Even the RICO laws tick me off. Passing a law to specifically target one

group, in this case being the mafia, has turned into another of those places where the government bullies anyone they

wish to.

Laws like these are what pushes every American citizen in a corner, whether or not they realize it. Something has to be done.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

...but if he were an Obama lefty fan they would say he's a hero

Marc Lamont Hill: Dorner's "Exciting" Rampage Like "Watching Django Unchained In Real Life"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/02/13/marc_lamont_hill_dorners_exciting_rampage_like_watching_django_unchained_in_real_life.html

If this guy puts a 10-page manifesto on Facebook and starts taking out government officials, people will call him crazy.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling the alphabet soup of government agencies are not your friends in the Father Land?

Their only friend is the American tax dollar and the people who give them, like politicians. They never were your friend.

I really wish to be wrong about that, but I can't find any reason, any more.

"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good," you earned it. It is yours. It has value. It is valuable to you. Value is what you place on good things to help you thrive.

"you ask for your own destruction." When you give up on some kind of value based system, you die, maybe a slow, painful death, but because of your lack of values. The same holds true of government. Government qualified to serve people is what we had, then we got complacent and government now exists to serve itself. We have asked for our own destruction without posing a single question.

"When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men." When we gave up our values and became this altruistic society by force, not good will, we became the tools of other men who decided they had no values upon which to rule their lives, other than by grift and pity(welfare and government force).
"Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice--there is no other." History is proving Ms. Rand out. We are slaves to our own devices and are being threatened by force by blood, whips and guns right now. It has been such a slow process that many refuse to recognize it.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Property seizure and asset forfeiture laws are nothing short of the death penalty. They suspend the idea of property ownership when it is convenient for our government to take another pound of flesh to the gallows. They don't realize why, but the ones doing this are calling for their own destruction, also, just a more slow path that will start to increase faster and faster as the producers are run off. There will be nothing left, eventually, and the carcasses will be rotten at their last meal.

What a way for society to end. Just damned depressing. If you haven't realized this, yet, wake up. We were founded on principles exactly the opposite of the above results.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling the alphabet soup of government agencies are not your friends in the Father Land?

Well they did just order 1.6 billion + rds of ammo. May see an uptick in seizures to help pay for it?  

Of course it's not at all possible that this guy was a licensed FFL dealer who illegally imported, exported, and sold firearms.  It's not like this would be the first time a dealer would have made illegal firearms transactions.  There was one in my town in Florida who owned a large gun shop and firing range and was arrested for illegally buying and selling NFA weapons, posted, "sold," and took payment on firearms listed on GunBroker that he didn't own, and engaged in a wide variety of illegal activities.  The sources listed here are two pro-gun blogs, so their perspective is dubious until the official story comes out.  I will withhold judgement either way for now.

EDIT:  Disregard my last.  After posting the above, I did a quick web search for updated info and here is what I found:

Federal agents raided a New Mexico gun store Tuesday morning and arrested the owner, his wife and their two sons on a 30-count indictment accusing them of smuggling guns across the border with Mexico.

The firearms sold by the defendants included 27 AK-47-type rifles, three AR-15 rifles, two .50 caliber rifles, and two 9 mm pistols -- weapons favored by Mexican cartels, according to a federal indictment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/30/agents-raid-new-mexico-gun-store-in-gun-smuggling-case/#ixzz2LDPNyRcE

So much for the TTAG claim that he is a "kitchen table dealer" who does "everything - everything - by the book," and so much for the claim that the DHS seized all of his guns and didn't even file charges.  

And before people yell about the liberal media, notice this story came from FoxNews.  

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

Of course it's not at all possible that this guy was a licensed FFL dealer who illegally imported, exported, and sold firearms.  It's not like this would be the first time a dealer would have made illegal firearms transactions.  There was one in my town in Florida who owned a large gun shop and firing range and was arrested for illegally buying and selling NFA weapons, posted, "sold," and took payment on firearms listed on GunBroker that he didn't own, and engaged in a wide variety of illegal activities.  The sources listed here are two pro-gun blogs, so their perspective is dubious until the official story comes out.  I will withhold judgement either way for now.

EDIT:  Disregard my last.  After posting the above, I did a quick web search for updated info and here is what I found:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/30/agents-raid-new-mexico-gun-store-in-gun-smuggling-case/#ixzz2LDPNyRcE

So much for the TTAG claim that he is a "kitchen table dealer" who does "everything - everything - by the book," and so much for the claim that the DHS seized all of his guns and didn't even file charges.  

And before people yell about the liberal media, notice this story came from FoxNews.  

Two different folks?

Thread seems to be 'bout feller named Robert Adams in Albuquerque, and link above is about the Rick Reese family?

- OS

Are these the same cases? One name is Adams and the other is named Reese?

Had the above already typed out when your post hit.

- OS

Well, maybe I am looking at two different cases. Let me double check.
EDIT: Ah yup, I screwed up. Different case. Thanks for pointing that out. My quest for updated info continues.

Ok, what I found says that he was smuggling these firearms into the US through Canada and he is also being investigated in Cnada for firearms related crimes as well. There was a search warrant, evidence was collected, and I strongly suspect that an indictment will be coming in short order. I am confident time will show this is far from being a federal government retaliation for posts on Facebook.