ESEE Candiru

I'm wanting to pickup a small fixed blade for EDC every now and then. It'll get some but not a lot of use so for the $$ the ESEE Candiru is at the top of my want list. Anybody here have one?  If so, did you get a kydex sheath made to go with it and from who? I'm liking the desert tan with a set of black micarta scales.

esee-candiru-scales-tan-canvas-micarta-h

Edited by jimmydeuce
  • 2 weeks later...

i choose to go with the ESEE Izula Rat instead of the candiru.  the sheath is what did it for me.  i love my Izula, carry it every single day.  paracord wrapped the handle, although i have the micarta handles also.  i like the paracord better myself.  i love my izula so much i ended up ordering two extra stock sheaths off ebay for about $14 each, setting one up with a tek-lok for left hand carry, and one up with a tek-lok for right hand carry.  the sheath that came with it has a paracord neck lanyard on it that i can quickly remove and use that sheath for pocket carry for total concealment if needed.  i don't go anywhere without my izula...

• Moderators

Check out Dark Star Gear. He's a small, kydex holster guy in PA. He's making sheaths for these that ride horizontal. I've been using his holsters and he's a good guy. Excellent customer service as well.

Seconded. He posts on another forum I am a part of and have seen tons of examples of his work. I'm going to have him do a sheath for my CRKT Dragon. I've paid more for less than his work and been more than satisfied.
  • 1 month later...

so since my last post in this thread I came into 2 really good deals on Candiru's with a custom kydex sheath on each one of them.  I'm now daily carrying the candiru around the neck and the izula has been pulling belt duty.  the Candiru is a darn nice little knife and has proven very useful.  the second Candiru i got i have now "married" that sheath to my Esee-3.  

Guest Emtdaddy1980
No personal experience with the candiru, but I edc the izula as a kneck knife and don't leave the house without it. Its small and light enough that it disappears under a uniform or dress shirt without printing. I can't say enough good things about ESSEE based on my experience with the Izula.
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Take a look at the specs. The I and I2 have the same blade, the I2 has a slightly larger handle. Sort of depends on your hand size. It pocket carries fine, neck, sheath vertical, horizontal cross draw and pack strap handle down without looking out of scale. With scales or para If I could only do one of the three small ESSE's I would do the I2. Then a four and six.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/eseeknives.html
This is the best place to buy. Dale is a great guy and has an additional 5 percent off right now.

Here is a I2, HEST and a 3Mil.

image_zps1f5d643d.jpg

IMG_2602-001.jpg

One thing about it you can always trade around on the ESSE Forum.

Edited by DAdams