Shopping for Safe

Guest halutz

i am actually planning to expand my collection to include C&R, so i need a beefier safe than what I have now. besides the fact that my safe is getting too crowed.

I also like this one, its made by Liberty http://www.lowes.com/pd_387167-10283-CN24-BKT_0__?productId=3651544&Ntt=guns+safe&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dguns%2Bsafe&facetInfo= but iffy about the low fire rating.

Edited by halutz
Ok, i just visited safehouse in nashville and was pleased on how accommodating they were.

Narrowed the safe i want, im just waiting for tax return.

The safe i will by would be Fatboy jr by liberty. :) that should be enough room to make my collection to grow. Its rated 48 gun capacity, 80000 btu 45mins 1200 deg fire rating, what else i can ask for. Now hurry up with tax return.

Actually, I just bought a safe a month or so ago.  I bought a Cannon Scout 72 x 35 x 25.  I checked with a lot of companies including Liberty.  The thing that won me over to Cannon is the way they do their fire rating and they include flooding in their warranty.  No other company I found covers floods, including Liberty. I asked them direct. They said no to floods.  I do live in a flood zone, just barely and we've had no flood for almost 20 years, but in one just the same.  I paid about 1300 and included shipping (curbside of course). 2 men and a truck (3 in my case since safe was over 400 lbs) moved it into place for $150.

edited fer spelling.

Edited by Randall53

Do yo mind telling a little about the Flood coverage? Seems like with holes for floor anchoring( maybe this model doesn't have them ),  and seams/seals around locks, keypads, turnhandles, and the like; that would be pretty difficlut to warranty.

i'm not really worried about flood nor fire, since the fire department is 5 mins away and response time is 7-10 mins, by 30mins they can put out a fire the size of my house. Flood, i'm quite far from any body of water, but in case it do flood into the safe, it should have little to no effect on the firearms. (Yes the safe will be for firearms and munitions only)

Now for the capacity, yes it will cut the capacity to half if the rifles are all scoped. if the rifle have a scope mounted it takes the space of the other rifle. It is not a bother for now, since it will take me a while to fill that up, i only have 6 rifles, and only 3 have scope.

Note: I don't know what is wrong with the link of Field&Stream, but the model I was trying to show was Sportsman 24 Gun Fire Safe  $699.99