Stop Oil Speculation

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then please do educate us in what has driven the oil prices up. Please don't say supply, demand & shortage - this is beyond your economics 101. I better get in line at the pumps because the last three stations I went to were running low or out all together.

:blink: speculation is the furthest reason for high oil prices. besides no one complains when speculation drives down prices.you have been watching too much pelosi visio - "news"!

A lot of local gas station owners would disagree with you.One in particular has been saying this for the last 3 years.Personally I think it is a Perfect Storm of supply/demand, and oil speculation.Factor in the slow growth of the American wage and it is causing a real burden on the middle/low income worker.

Then please do educate us in what has driven the oil prices up. Please don't say supply, demand & shortage - this is beyond your economics 101. I better get in line at the pumps because the last three stations I went to were running low or out all together.

as has been debated numerous times...

epa

domestic drilling

gas blends

weak dollar

speculation is simply one factor in the market. it can help drive up as well as drive down. fixing a minor market factor will ultimatley do nothing. increasing domestic supply.while easing restrictions would cause these same speculators to drive dwn prices. what the dems want to do is shift blame from things they can control to things.they cant drectly contrl. now if you take it speculatio and increase domestic supply prices would take real time to come come down. then the dems could argue thy were righ all along.

Apparently the bean counters at the major airlines disagree too. They seem to think the speculators are a major problem.

if the bean counters at the airlines were smart enouh to keep their companys out of bankruptcy, then maybe they would have some credibility.:blink:

their soluion is to run the airlines into the ground then have the government bail them out.:blink:

as has been debated numerous times...

epa

domestic drilling

gas blends

weak dollar

speculation is simply one factor in the market. it can help drive up as well as drive down. fixing a minor market factor will ultimatley do nothing. increasing domestic supply.while easing restrictions would cause these same speculators to drive dwn prices. what the dems want to do is shift blame from things they can control to things.they cant drectly contrl. now if you take it speculatio and increase domestic supply prices would take real time to come come down. then the dems could argue thy were righ all along.

All Ahmadinejad has to do is turn his head to the west when he sneezes and you will see the prices jump up by the next day... he has nothing to do with the epa, domestic drilling, blends, or weak dollar.

All I know is that gas has gone up $1 since the first of the year, only the future will really tell what is driving all this.:blink:

if the bean counters at the airlines were smart enouh to keep their companys out of bankruptcy, then maybe they would have some credibility.:blink:

their soluion is to run the airlines into the ground then have the government bail them out.:blink:

Well I'm glad that was explained.

All of the airlines only hire dummies as accountants.

Guest Engloid

Guys, you're getting all bent out of shape for nothing. George Bush is going to get it all straightened out with his "Oil for Food" program.