New from Connecticut

Guest t.bird

Tbird, between you, Bucc, me, and a few others, pretty soon all of the CT HTF will be here in TN. Just need to get Dan and it'll really get interesting and that may not be too far off.

Stop at Pepe's and bring pizza...... they haven't figured out how to make it here yet.
  • Like 2
Guest t.bird

Tbird, between you, Bucc, me, and a few others, pretty soon all of the CT HTF will be here in TN. Just need to get Dan and it'll really get interesting and that may not be too far off.

Stop at Pepe's and bring pizza...... they haven't figured out how to make it here yet.

Lol, wtf man...I didn't realize you were in TN?  My forums are colliding!

Welcome to tgo. As others have said, i think you will find tn laws a bit more relaxed than ct laws. Plus add that to the fact that some of our leaders are creating legislation to protect our rights instead of infringe them, and youve got a pretty good combination.

Ps dibs on the pies
Guest t.bird

Welcome from the hills cousin. I'll take a slice of pizza when you arrive, in exchange I'll let you blast some of my evil "assault weapons". ;)

Haha, I've got some evil black rifles.  Also, because of a loophole (?) in the new legislation, there is no longer such thing as a pre-ban/post-ban in CT.  So as long as the rifle is going to be registered by the end of the year (or out of state) you are free to have all the evil little features you want.  Just in time to switch my barrel search for my new upper to a threaded barrel.  :rock:

I second the Pepe's!

I third, fourth and fifth the Pepe's.  That pizza ain't no joke!  No lie, best pizza I've ever had...even the wife (from Niagara Falls, NY) says so.  While you're at it, see if you can head up to Vernon to Rein's Deli and bring a fresser Reuben (or thirty).  Don't forget some lobster rolls, either.  Only thing good about CT was the feedbags they'd let ya strap on.

• Like 1
Guest t.bird

It's freaking me out how many of you guys know about Pepe's!

I third, fourth and fifth the Pepe's.  That pizza ain't no joke!  No lie, best pizza I've ever had...even the wife (from Niagara Falls, NY) says so.  While you're at it, see if you can head up to Vernon to Rein's Deli and bring a fresser Reuben (or thirty).  Don't forget some lobster rolls, either.  Only thing good about CT was the feedbags they'd let ya strap on.

I haven't been to Rein's Deli before.  There is a range just a couple miles from it that I do plate shoots at every once in a while, next time I'm in there I'll stop in!  I'm going to miss Nardelli's...they must be baking crack into their grinders.  I'll also miss Archie Moores, best wings ever.

I can't WAIT to get more Camino Real in Middle TN though.

Edited by t.bird

Definitely get your fair share of food before you come down, the food options in the northeast are phenomenal and it was one of the hardest things for me to get used to. 

Were it not for the CT megaban, we were considering moving back to CT in the next 2 years.

Two things that surprised me (from a firearms standpoint) about becoming a TN resident were how "unfriendly" the TN handgun carry laws are in comparison to CT, and how few ranges & clubs there are to do any type of defensive shooting.  Gotta do something about both of those things.  Join TFA when you get squared away, they're similar to CCDL.

Guest t.bird

Definitely get your fair share of food before you come down, the food options in the northeast are phenomenal and it was one of the hardest things for me to get used to. 

Were it not for the CT megaban, we were considering moving back to CT in the next 2 years.

Two things that surprised me (from a firearms standpoint) about becoming a TN resident were how "unfriendly" the TN handgun carry laws are in comparison to CT, and how few ranges & clubs there are to do any type of defensive shooting.  Gotta do something about both of those things.  Join TFA when you get squared away, they're similar to CCDL.

Yeah, I noticed the carry laws last time I was in.  What's up with that?  Sounds like kind of a hassle at times.  If you guys could go ahead and get on changing that...

Also, by what in particular do you mean by "defensive shooting"?

I'll make sure to check out TFA.

Edited by t.bird

It's freaking me out how many of you guys know about Pepe's!

I haven't been to Rein's Deli before.  There is a range just a couple miles from it that I do plate shoots at every once in a while, next time I'm in there I'll stop in!  I'm going to miss Nardelli's...they must be baking crack into their grinders.  I'll also miss Archie Moores, best wings ever.

I can't WAIT to get more Camino Real in Middle TN though.

I discovered Pepe's when we lived up there.  Insane how good they are....simple old brick oven tomato pie.  Down here if you say tomato pie, people will look at you funny and say 'mater pie? what the heyull's a 'mater pie?  I thought that wuz a peetzuh.' 

Reins is the best NY Kosher Deli not in NYC.  Nardelli's grinders are awesome!  I'll have to disagree on the wings...wife's from Buffalo and she'd kill me if I didn't defend the honor of the Anchor Bar, where Buffalo Wings originated.  Camino Real is really good mex, but you won't have trouble finding good mex here.  Now if you want good old fashioned BBQ, check out Baldwin's in Springfield, TN when you get here.  Been around since about 1927 and still family owned 4th generation 'Cue slingers.  Crazy good stuff.

Guest t.bird

I'll have to disagree on the wings...wife's from Buffalo and she'd kill me if I didn't defend the honor of the Anchor Bar, where Buffalo Wings originated.  Camino Real is really good mex, but you won't have trouble finding good mex here.  Now if you want good old fashioned BBQ, check out Baldwin's in Springfield, TN when you get here.  Been around since about 1927 and still family owned 4th generation 'Cue slingers.  Crazy good stuff.

We stopped at Anchor Bar as we were leaving Niagara Falls a couple years ago.  They were great wings, but I gotta say...we both liked Archie's a little more.  That might also be because we are more familiar with them.  I'll have to remember that BBQ place, that is a type of food not that great in New England for sure.  We love Jack's BBQ in Nashville.

I discovered Pepe's when we lived up there.  Insane how good they are....simple old brick oven tomato pie.  Down here if you say tomato pie, people will look at you funny and say 'mater pie? what the heyull's a 'mater pie?  I thought that wuz a peetzuh.' 

Reins is the best NY Kosher Deli not in NYC.  Nardelli's grinders are awesome!  I'll have to disagree on the wings...wife's from Buffalo and she'd kill me if I didn't defend the honor of the Anchor Bar, where Buffalo Wings originated.  Camino Real is really good mex, but you won't have trouble finding good mex here.  Now if you want good old fashioned BBQ, check out Baldwin's in Springfield, TN when you get here.  Been around since about 1927 and still family owned 4th generation 'Cue slingers.  Crazy good stuff.

U haf dshonured ma famili, thes meens woor!!!!!

• 5 months later...

Well...I'm here! (stocks are unpinned, baby!)  We are staying in Murfreesboro for a few months and get settled and then look for a house closer to/around Nashville.

I'm in the process of setting up class to get my TN permit.  It seems like the closest ranges are On Target for indoor pistol, OK Corral, and SRHEC.

Anything else I should know?

Guest Phantom6

Welcome to the Free State of Tednnessee, "the patron state of shootin' stuff" as Bob Lee Swagger said in Stephen Hunter's book, Point of Impact.

[URL=http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/eacrow/media/Welcome_01a.gif.html]Welcome_01a.gif[/URL]

Welcome to the state! Enjoy your new found freedoms

Yes, Welcome t.bird

And always remember, that if you want to keep these freedoms in Tennessee (we could always use more, you know), when exercising your civic duty, PLEASE vote for the person, NOT the party. Simply voting for a person because they have an "R" or "D" beside their name is no guarantee that you have supported either a Pro2A or Anti-2A candidate. We have our share of political wolves in sheep's clothing, so be sure you know where your candidate stands before you support them.

Edited by tartanphantom