armslist and craigslist

Andyshowfan

Is it just me or has all categories but firearms disappeared on armslist. I went to place an firearm accessory ad and there wer no category for anything but guns. Oh and do not get me started on craigslist, I tried to place this same item on there and it was flagged before I even got the confirmation email. I will not go into detail as to what it is other than it wasn't a gun or any type of gun part. I also tried putting an ad on there for an item I legally own, bought and paid for at a major retailer and it to got flagged just as quick only because you can no longer go to walmart and purchase it and have to go through the service provider. D@#$! Liberal h@%&#*&^t. Ok I'm done with my ranting

Is it just me or has all categories but firearms disappeared on armslist. I went to place an firearm accessory ad and there wer no category for anything but guns. Oh and do not get me started on craigslist, I tried to place this same item on there and it was flagged before I even got the confirmation email. I will not go into detail as to what it is other than it wasn't a gun or any type of gun part. I also tried putting an ad on there for an item I legally own, bought and paid for at a major retailer and it to got flagged just as quick only because you can no longer go to walmart and purchase it and have to go through the service provider. D@#$! Liberal h@%&#*&^t. Ok I'm done with my ranting

Yep, I'm convinced there are just 10 year olds that sit on Craigslist and flag posts.  I put a dog on there once and had it flagged every time I tried to put it up.  I don't get it.  I wish there was a button on my keyboard that would allow me to punch people in the face over the internet.

• Like 2
I am not so sure it is a user. I think their "programming" picks up on keywords and flags automatically. I sent a question about it 2 wks ago and only got a automatically generated "thanks we take all concerns seriously yada yada yada" email and havent heard from them since
  • Like 1
I hear ya David, I've sold here before as well and have had nothing but great experiences. I feel somewhat guilty by not selling on here, but I'll offer somewhat of an explanation. The wife and I are working on Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" and sad to say our list of priority payments has TGO benefactor status as well as other non essentials falling below the "line" or else I would've paid again for the benefactor and sold on here. Not offering up a pity party just putting it out there that I love TGO and am not a cheapskate :)
Guest USCavScout

Looks like they are changing somethings around on there or upgrading armslist.. You used to be able to narrow your search down to just firearms you were looking for, now it takes you to a seperate page.

Yep, I'm convinced there are just 10 year olds that sit on Craigslist and flag posts.  I put a dog on there once and had it flagged every time I tried to put it up.  I don't get it.  I wish there was a button on my keyboard that would allow me to punch people in the face over the internet.

Pets are a no no. IDK why but they say no. Silly if you ask me.

Yeah, I think so too. I call them flaggots. Little Aholes flag everything.
  • Like 1

I hear ya David, I've sold here before as well and have had nothing but great experiences. I feel somewhat guilty by not selling on here, but I'll offer somewhat of an explanation. The wife and I are working on Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" and sad to say our list of priority payments has TGO benefactor status as well as other non essentials falling below the "line" or else I would've paid again for the benefactor and sold on here. Not offering up a pity party just putting it out there that I love TGO and am not a cheapskate :)

congrats and encouragement on the FPU

No they aren't. It's under lost and found. I'm not the kind of dick that would make people pay for a stray dog.

Wasn't implying that you were. If you weren't charging then there was no reason for the flagging. Free is supposed to be OK. But you are absolutely not allowed to put one up for sale. I don't know why the hell they'll let you collect a "re-homing fee." I don't see what the difference is myself.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited.items

Edited by KaNuckles

Wasn't implying that you were. If you weren't charging then there was no reason for the flagging. Free is supposed to be OK. But you are absolutely not allowed to put one up for sale. I don't know why the hell they'll let you collect a "re-homing fee." I don't see what the difference is myself.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited.items

Which goes back to my statement about people flagging posts just for kicks and why there needs to be an Internet punch face button.
  • Like 1

Here is a transcript of a reply I recently received from an armslist user on a gun I recently sold....................all I can say is just "WOW" (after being a bit of a smart a**)

Responder: That [misspelled brand name pistol] has sever
wear on the mag follower and the old style barrel and not worth $200. It is a
jam o matic from the pictures you submit.

Me: Appreciate your expert advice. I would have hated it if you were to
have bought it. Sharp eye sir

Responder: I am sure you will hustle it off to some ni**er
felon to be used down on Magnolia Ave in Knoxville.

Me: See that is where you are wrong. first of all I'm very careful as to
who I sell to although I don't do background checks I do require either your
license or your hcp listed on the bill of sale. Instead of worrying with me why
don't you go ahead and bother the guys that are buying 800 dollar Walmart ar
type rifles and listing them for 1600 dollars

Responder: There are not selling NI**ER guns that end up
on the street. Ni**ers are not smart enough to operate an AR-15. I will just
flag your ad as a SCAM and OVER-PRICED with many others until it is removed. We
just don't tolerate you price gouging Baptist sister and daughter f*****g bastards