Kydex for 1911 Tac Ops

Hmmmm...., Wonder where my Airborne Battle Buddy got the idea to get a SIG TACOPS?  :whistle:

With my Surefire X300 mounted, I'm using a BladeTech.  Last year they were the only folks making one for a TACOPS using a X300.  OK holster, but you can only use it with the light mounted, otherwise it won't lock-in.

212hizb.jpg

I picked up this holster made by Zero Concealment Systems for those times that I'm not running a light.  It ready does carry the TACOPS well and is my first choice for those times when retention and all day carry is more important than speed.  http://shop.zeroconcealmentsystems.com/main.sc

96kjgj.jpg

I also found the the TACOPS will fit in a Blackhawk Sportster Standard CQC Concealment Holster. Model # 415603BK-R.  Cheap, but it works.

5xtwz7.jpg

Of course I've taken a dremel and heatgun to all of them, so what they now look like now doesn't match these pictures.   :dirty:

Here is a link to a several page thread about SIG 1911 holsters. 

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=370591

Enjoy!

Edited by DMark
  • Like 1

I Know you asked for kydex but wild bills concealments makes a nice paddle holster for the railed tacops,both full size and carry models.

65.00 tan or black,great for edc...I went through holster hell looking for holsters for mine....an older USP 40 holster from safariland is what i used in kydex till i moved to leather.The safariland kydex was huge and bulky w a big swing strap on top....

Mark, your the only reason I went out and got one of these... After shooting yours, I was hooked!

Also, I wish we got to shoot before I left for work again. I got that new MP5 .40 I'd love for you to try out! Maybe we'll get a more noticeable hit than the 9mm at 200 yards... haha

I'll check out furrycarrysolutions tomorrow for sure. I have a couple months before I need to get one. So, looking for now and making sure I get the best one I can and not jump the gun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carter

there is a guy here in Murfreesboro that makes them...he just made my buddy one for his G29 with SLR-1 light...have to get the info though...can't recall right now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went with DSG arms because I wanted the holster waiting for me when I got home. Also ordered some other stuff from them I wanted so it worked out good.

I have to say, they have amazing customer service. I accidentally ordered a non-railed one, and called them and I got someone on the phone right away who was super nice and helpful and took care of me. The wife had a question about the RMA and how to return it, so I called back to clarify, they put me in contact with the same person I talked to a couple days prior and again, they helped me out and were extremely professional. Never once had to wait on the phone. Always got through right away. 

I'll for sure buy from them again, and don't even have my product in front of me yet! ha