Goodman Gun

Went to the show today and did not find what I was looking for. have been to the last 4 are 5 Goodman shows and can not find a Saige AK in 7.62x39. and another thing is it against the law to sell Kimbers at a gun show, all I ever find are old very used one that they want more than a new one would cost. Sorry about that I will go now.

And by the way it should be the Goodman KNIFE & gun Show

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw two guys walking around with Saiga's.

It's not the dealers fault on either count. The Saiga's quit coming in the country for awhile. I just got an e-mail Friday from one of my distributors saying that they finally started getting some. By August hopefully they will be available in some quantity.

As far as Kimbers go the only sell to dealers who sign authorized dealer agreements that require a certain sales volume and inventory. The shows are mostly smaller dealers that don't have the capital or the desire to maintain such large inventories of only one brand of gun. Therefore usually only the larger dealers have Kimbers and they usually don't go to the shows. I personally don't feel like having to operate under those restrictions for such small part of my business or to have that much capital tied up in a slow mover.

I could be wrong but I think Hero Gear is a authorized dealer. Holler at him.

I went today and enjoyed myself for the most part. I didnt care for the fact that i had to spend 7 dollars to go in there and spend money. But it has been 7 years since my last gun show and I wanted to hold some pistols.

I went late on Sunday afternoon.

I was looking for a pre-lock S&W 642, a good holster for a S&W model 60, and a box of self defense ammo in .38. I found none of the above.

I was pretty disappointed overall.

I've never been to the one in Smyrna that is coming up 7/25-27. Is it any better?

Edited by Buzz
Guest ProguninTN

I was looking for a pre-lock S&W 642, a good holster for a S&W model 60, and a box of self defense ammo in .38. I found none of the above.

I've never been to the one in Smyrna that is coming up 7/25-27. Is it any better?

I haven't been to that one, but I do believe Bob Pope's show is better than Bill Goodman's.

They are dead in Summer months Oct-Jan are best most of time for gunshows. One dealer had a pile of Glock 27's w/2mags & NS At Goodman. I asked a guy buying

one and he said they were $425.00 out door. Looked like only one left later on.

RK has taken over and bought out most of the shows and promoters in area over

last few years.

They are dead in Summer months Oct-Jan are best most of time for gunshows. One dealer had a pile of Glock 27's w/2mags & NS At Goodman. I asked a guy buying

one and he said they were $425.00 out door. Looked like only one left later on.

RK has taken over and bought out most of the shows and promoters in area over

last few years.

I saw those 27s. I was sorta-kinda-maybe interested.

The sign said they were police trade ins. I didn't know if that was good because they were broken in or bad because they were worn out. Wasn't a good enough deal to get my attention.

I went to the last show in Smyrna. I think it's a little better than BP and BG shows, but not by very much.

With such a large number of potential buyers in the Middle Tennessee area, I would think someone could organize bigger and better shows. I'm not sure of the inside politics regarding vendor alliance, but it seems as if many dealers choose between Pope or Goodman. It doesn't seem like many set up at both. Only being at the Smyrna show one time, I didn't pay much attention to what dealers were there that I may have seen at another show.

I went to the last show in Smyrna. I think it's a little better than BP and BG shows, but not by very much.

With such a large number of potential buyers in the Middle Tennessee area, I would think someone could organize bigger and better shows. I'm not sure of the inside politics regarding vendor alliance, but it seems as if many dealers choose between Pope or Goodman. It doesn't seem like many set up at both. Only being at the Smyrna show one time, I didn't pay much attention to what dealers were there that I may have seen at another show.

There is apparently a dealer in the Nashville area that has told me he has something in the works that will blow other shows out of the water...and he's not going to allow books and wood carvings to be sold there. Strictly guns and accessories. I hope it is true...

There is apparently a dealer in the Nashville area that has told me he has something in the works that will blow other shows out of the water...and he's not going to allow books and wood carvings to be sold there. Strictly guns and accessories. I hope it is true...

That would be the best thing to ever happen to gun shows in this area. I'm looking forward to that.

I went to the show this past weekend just to look around. I did leave with a Glock 19 (2 mags, night sights) that I couldn't pass up. I've been looking for the right deal on one and finally found it.

The last few shows I ended up walking around a good bit and picking up some odds and ends. There are some deals around -- if you're willing to look and wait.