I finally gave in.

BryanP

Well, I finally gave in. While I already own an XD45 and a SIG P220, I've resisted buying a 1911. I love my Browning Hi Power and I kept telling myself I didn't need a 1911. However, today I was at the gun show at the fairgrounds and this followed me home.

It's an RIA Tactical. About the only thing I would prefer different is if the Novak sites were the 3-dot variety instead of the plain black. I suppose that could be remedied, either with paint or new sights, depending on how much money and effort I want to put in to it. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to go to the range to try it out for at least a couple of weeks.

ria1911a1tacticalwh9.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The custom bug will bite you in time. Do not attempt to fight it, resistance is futile, save lots of money for this addiction. An addiction for which no cure is needed.

HaHa...a friend got a RIA in .38 Super for IDPA for $379 (it was just such a good deal) and the bug got him. I warned him that .38 Super ammo would be expensive, so he finally got a 9mm conversion barrel. Then he had to do something with the itty bitty GI sights. Then he got a different guide rod. Then a different MSH. Then a magwell. Then a trigger. Then the 10 round magazines, and on and on. Now he has a $900 RIA that shoots it ass off (as long as he doesn't use hollow points). It looks like you have a dovetailed front sight--congrats, my buddy's was a pinned job, and he had a hell of a time finding aftermarket sights for it.

Edited by deerslayer
Guest HogMan
Well, I finally gave in. While I already own an XD45 and a SIG P220, I've resisted buying a 1911. I love my Browning Hi Power and I kept telling myself I didn't need a 1911. However, today I was at the gun show at the fairgrounds and this followed me home.

It's an RIA Tactical. About the only thing I would prefer different is if the Novak sites were the 3-dot variety instead of the plain black. I suppose that could be remedied, either with paint or new sights, depending on how much money and effort I want to put in to it. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to go to the range to try it out for at least a couple of weeks.

ria1911a1tacticalwh9.jpg

Congrats on your new purchase. Good looking pistol.:confused:

It looks like you have a dovetailed front sight--congrats,
The whole point of buying the "tactical" is that it already has most of the mods that would interest me. And yes, it has the dovetailed sights because they put the most basic Novak sights on it as part of that package. I may get a trigger job done on it and I may or may not do something about the lack of dots on the sight. That's about it. This is a range toy anyway.

001-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

Awesome gun. Got the exact same model (non tactical) with rubber grips for Schmootika for her birthday Thursday. We took it out yesterday and ran a few through it. She loves it. Now I want a 1911. I've always been a 92FS guy, but the 1911 bug has me.

Edited by Loki
Guest airbornefox

Congrats on your new firearm man. I own the exact same 1911 model and I gotta tell ya, I love mine! It's no Wilson or Kimber, but it gets the job done! I just suggest changing the grips to something checkerd, those smooth wood grips like to slip in your hands when they get all sweaty.

Congrats on your new firearm man. I own the exact same 1911 model and I gotta tell ya, I love mine! It's no Wilson or Kimber, but it gets the job done! I just suggest changing the grips to something checkerd, those smooth wood grips like to slip in your hands when they get all sweaty.

Yeah, I'm probably going to do that. But I'll try these at least once.

Guest HexHead
The custom bug will bite you in time. Do not attempt to fight it, resistance is futile, save lots of money for this addiction. An addiction for which no cure is needed.

Less than two years ago I started with a plain jane Springfield GI. Two Kimbers later I'm now awaiting my Nighthawk.

:D

Awesome gun. Got the exact same model (non tactical) with rubber grips for Schmootika for her birthday Thursday. We took it out yesterday and ran a few through it. She loves it. Now I want a 1911. I've always been a 92FS guy, but the 1911 bug has me.

Im a beretta guy too for plinking (too big for me to carry unless its shouldered)....its all I can do not to buy Rabbis S&W PD....I have always wanted a 1911 but just have never "took the plunge". I think I would rather get a Python or King Cobra before I go down that road...or maybe actually build my AR lower lol.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
added wordiness