More help for us all from 1600 insanvania ave

c/p

Obama Care Even Taxes my fishing pole???

Cabela's. It is true. Consumers were not to know, now they do

This is another example of how our current administration is intentionally deceiving the public in order to gain more tax revenues using the “Affordable health Care Act (Obamacare)” Know this government administration for what is really is.

fm95.png

Medical Excise Tax on Retail Receipts Show How We’re Screwed by Obamacare, page 1

ATS Members have flagged this thread 13 times

Topic started on 30-1-2013 @ 06:18 PM by seeker1963

An Infowars reader sent along an image of a sales receipt from Cabela’s, a popular sporting goods store.

The receipt (pictured at left) spells out what Obama and the feds want to keep secret – the middle class is being heavily taxed despite all the fatuous rhetoric of Democrats who invariably play the class warfare card to sell their confiscatory taxation policies.

“The 2.3% Medical Excise Tax that began on January 1st is supposed to be ‘hidden’ from the consumer, but it’s been brought to the public’s attention by hunting and fishing store Cabela’s who have refused to hide it and are showing it as a separate line item tax on their receipts,” the email states.

wb5109b343.jpg

Q1. What is the medical device excise tax?

A1. Section 4191 of the Internal Revenue Code imposes an excise tax on the sale of certain medical devices by the manufacturer or importer of the device.

Q2. When does the tax go into effect?

A2. The tax applies to sales of taxable medical devices after Dec. 31, 2012.

Q3. How much is the tax?

A3. The tax is 2.3 percent of the sale price of the taxable medical device. See Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510, Excise Taxes, and Notice 2012-77 for additional information on the determination of sale price.

IRS.gov 

So being more curious I clicked on "Chapter 5 of IRS Publication 510" And WALLAH! What do I find under "MEDICAL DEVICES" under "MANUFACTURERS TAXES"?

Manufacturers Taxes
The following discussion of manufacturers taxes applies to the tax on:
Sport fishing equipment;
Fishing rods and fishing poles;
Electric outboard motors;
Fishing tackle boxes;
Bows, quivers, broadheads, and points;
Arrow shafts;
Coal;
Taxable tires;
Gas guzzler automobiles; and
Vaccines.

IRS.gov 

I think we have definately been fooled, if we believe that the Affordable Care Act is all about healthcare. It truely does appear to be nothing more than a bill laden with a whole lot of taxes that we thepeople have yet to be aware of!

Guest 6.8 AR

I had to go to the appendix, but it is in there. I'm not going to say "unbelievable" because I've been griping

on here since Nancy Pelosi said her famous words about it.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg and anyone who doesn't know what slavery really is, you are about to

find out. There are more new taxes that probably no one has heard of before. If the Republicans don't get

this ACA crap unfunded and nullified, our country is at the bottom of the Atlantic with the Titanic.

Well....for what it's worth...here's a website that says snopes and their biggest defender/supporter when attacked, are both wrong.  http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/hank/081127

I think using a website to prove or disprove anything is ridiculous, but we all do it and I'm guilty too I reckon. It's the "here comes my boyfriend.....he's a French model" syndrome.

In this instance the IRS publication is reliable proof IMO.

I know you don't. :D I found it in the appendix showing page 31 in the pdf file from the IRS.

Yep, you are right on the money.  Plain as day.  I went to the table of contents and found it that way.

It appears to me that there has been an excise tax on fishing equipment since the 1950's for the purpose of conservation and management of aquatic resources....

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Field-Directive-Federal-Excise-Tax-on-the-Importation-and-Manufacture-of-Fishing-and-Archery-Products

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/FASPORT.HTML

Edited by Garufa
Guest 6.8 AR

Is this the same, then, or something additional? I would assume it is additional, since I didn't see any references

to that.

There was going to be a tax on medical devices, including condoms and Quetips until an exemption

was placed on the bill. I expected this and a million other things to be in there, that almost no politician

read before they passed. That alone should make this Affordable Care Act unconstitutional and null

and void. I know it is the same as any other criminal behavior that goes on inside the Potomac.

Edited by 6.8 AR