Armslist, just checked it out..

Guest 6.8 AR

They do. I doubt that there are many Walmart employees engaging in this practice. Considering there are folks lined up in the morning to purchase cases that are posted for sale on Armslist the same day, it is clear to me what is going on. If folks would just not pay those price the price would go down. Unfortunately there are the fear buyers who are causing this whole mess as if ammo is going to be banned tomorrow. I would like some .22 so I can shoot this spring, and I can afford to pay stupid prices for it, but I'd rather stay home and not shoot than contribute to the system of rampant stupidity and greed.

I have two bricks and one rifle. I'll save you some when we get together.  Life's too damned short to worry about it. :D

They do. I doubt that there are many Walmart employees engaging in this practice. Considering there are folks lined up in the morning to purchase cases that are posted for sale on Armslist the same day, it is clear to me what is going on. If folks would just not pay those price the price would go down. Unfortunately there are the fear buyers who are causing this whole mess as if ammo is going to be banned tomorrow. I would like some .22 so I can shoot this spring, and I can afford to pay stupid prices for it, but I'd rather stay home and not shoot than contribute to the system of rampant stupidity and greed.

I would agree 100% that this is what is happening if no one would buy it the prices would start to come back down. Unfortunately I don't see it changing much soon. Ammo manufactures are also raising there price. So one of two things will happen well maybe three folks will stop buying it and prices will fall (not likely). Walmarts prices will catch up with every one else. Or walmarts prices will go up and the armslist prices will get even crazier.

Unfortunately we have not reached the that is to much to pay threshold yet. Where is that threshold guess we will find out sooner or later. I agree it is crazy just not any use to get all upset about it. Could be we can't buy ammo at all. Just be prepared that is the best you can do.

Jason Edited by Jason in TN

PM incoming.

I have two bricks and one rifle. I'll save you some when we get together. Life's too damned short to worry about it. :D

Well I'll buy all the birdshot then if you're healed enough for clays.
I everyone would just quit buying the jacked up ammo the problem would soon be fixed. The douch bags would stop buying out every load that comes in if they lost their asses one time. The manufacturers would catch up and bam...back to normal....in theory anyway.
The other problem is there are a lot of new gun owners now who really don't know the true value of ammo.When they pay 25 or 30 dollars for a box of 50 rounds of fmj 45 ammo they don't know they are getting ripped off. We as a community need to start educating them