Music City Tactical Shooters - Zombie Match

Scores are done. I did a spreadsheet to keep from screwing up my IDPA software. I can use the IDPA website to put it back together but that site is a little screwy right now. Hognut will get it set for the website sometime shortly.

Andy S. wins ESP and  High Overall with Norma a few seconds behind him. ESP got to load their evil mags full.

Catseye for the SSP win with me a distant second. SSP shot a more politically correct ten rounds only.

With ammo the way it is, getting 57 shooters on the range was a big deal. Especially burning through a lot of zombies the way we did.

Thanks to all who came out and shot. And BIG thanks to all who volunteered to help.

• Like 1

Scores are posted:  http://www.mctsclub.com/Match%20Results/2013/Zombie%20scoring%20April%202013.pdf

I apologize for the delay, I was extremely tired during and after the match. 

John was a terrific job with the club devoting his time to these matches.  Without the help of all of the members and regular shooters alike, matches like this or any matches for that matter could not take place.  We do our best to provide a safe environment first and foremost.  Fun day of shooting comes second.   

Many thanks goes out to our membership in coming in to the matches early and staying late cleaning up.  It is a TRUE blessing to be a part of a great family!

• Like 1
Thanks for all the work on the match and getting scores done so quickly. Scores are on the website.

Missed you at bowling last night Hognut. Since you didn't show up I just made up a score for you and guess what, I won. Edited by CatsEye

The scores were done early last night.  The delay was on my part, not John's.  You called about Codi being delayed and 2 minutes afterwards, I fell asleep.  I have to go watch Warm Bodies movie today with the family.

The top guys in SSP all shot M&Ps. In ESP it was XDM's in the top spots, I think.

Ten people shot with no penalty time.

Six people shot less than 20 points down for the day. Pretty good shooting on around 150 shot round count, and a lot of head shots.

And Itchy, just noticed your score. Great run at the zombies!

I expect we have held back the hordes until at least October. We will again need everyone's help. And hopefully there will be ammo around to do the job.

Pure luck my friend.  I did do well with my no-shoot targets until our last stage.  Yeah, the one between the two poppers.  Missed the popper on the slice and center massed that guy.  I guess in my mind I figured that by the time we got to that stage he had already been bitten and needed to be put down. 

In my split second of frustration I almost threw two more to him, but thought I'd let him go so we can have MORE ZOMBIES this fall!!!

We had an awesome time.  Can't wait to shoot with you guys again!

Great match guys. Nice to break out of my IDPA shell and experience an "outlaw" match. LOTS to shoot at and LOTS of reloads, no cover, no concealment... I'll find out soon enough just how much it helped, if any, to approach the shooting differently. It was interesting to shoot with Tish in a different squad too. I learned that if you film yourself you can catch some bad habits but most importantly you can see all the good ones! I do need to work on my speed on target transition and wasted movement on the reload. I did see a pretty relaxed almost upright shooting stance, yet still some urgency moving position to position without being lazy. Can't wait till the next one! Thanks again MCTS for the awesome match and the effort it takes to run it!!!

Jim, I have one of you shooting the steel that came out pretty cool.  I was recoding the vids last night when my PC crashed.  I'll try to get them up this week.

That would be great. I'd love to see more. it's nice to look back at the ones from January and compare!