115 gr 9mm luger

I've got a new Lee pro 1000 a few months ago, and it's still in the box unopened.  Finally I got 3 hundred Remington and 2 hundred CCI small pistol primers, and 1 pound of Accurate No. 7 yesterday. I still need some 115 gr FMJ bullets to get started.

My question is does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks in advance,

Earl

Guest kj4gxu
I was at bass pro in nashville friday and they had 2 boxes of 115 hornady fmj bullets at 18.99 each and 1 box of hornady xtp for 22 and change. I left the hollow points and 1 box of the fmj there so if it's close to you you might get lucky there.

Thanks I did and he is out at this time.

Having hard time buying any reload stuff as I'm sure everyone else is also.

Send a PM to David. dlm37015. He'll be able to tell you what show he'll be at in your area next and he usually has some (even in these crazy times).

Guest K7Sparky

Don't forget about cast.

They work well in 9MM and there are a LOT of casters out there compared to the few who make jacketed

Guest K7Sparky

The Glock policy / warranty is no cast and no reloads.

I have shot in excess of 100K cast through 9mm, 10mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP Glocks 17, 19, 20, 21, 27,  29 & 30 with Glock Barrels.

I can't tell the difference between cast & Jacket.  But then I am a lousy shot.

I got one of the first 19 that didn't go to a PD.  Looked it over and decided it would never last and was just a fad that soon end. I was glad to get an example as a collector before they disappeared.  With that in mind I decided I would just spend a few days and ware it out and get a replacement under warranty.  Plastic with 4 little molded in brackets for the slide guides, what a joke, probably come apart in a few thousand rounds.  Hint: I didn't think much of the Beatles either when I first saw them on the Ed Sullivan Show.  Might notice a trend here.

After around 2  gallon milk jugs (cheaper from the caster with no boxes) of 115g casts I could see a wee bit of ware, mostly just a little polishing on the barrel finish where the slide runs.  No other ware I could see.  Had to rethink my original opinion.

You do have to clean the lead out now and then.  I like the old Lewis Lead Removers and cut my own brass screens.  But then you need to clean the lead out of any of them.  Getting the lead out of a comp on the end of a 1911 is more work, so much so I gave up shooting lead in anything wearing a comp.

Now and then I use a Foul Out.  With the Foul Out I clean as usual and then clean with a polychlorinated cleaner to get any oil out.  Use the Lead Out first, clean and degrease again and use the Cop Out to get the jacket fouling.  Then a final cleaning to get left over crud out and a final patch with Tetra oil or lube.  Takes longer to type than to do.

A Foul Out with Cop Out solution is especially good for jacket fouling in HBar varminters.  Faster than Sweets 762

The way things are now, I would check David's show schedule and go for a drive.

To the OP, I see you have a Lee 1000. Be careful and don't waste any of your valuable primers. The 1000 primer system is known for failing or at least jamming up the works. I've heard that you need to polish the feed ramp that the primers slide down to make it work. And keep the hopper full. Google Lee 1000 primer problems for more info.

I sold my 1000 a few years back. I got tired of fighting it all the time. Bought a Dillon. Good luck with yours.

To the OP, I see you have a Lee 1000. Be careful and don't waste any of your valuable primers. The 1000 primer system is known for failing or at least jamming up the works. I've heard that you need to polish the feed ramp that the primers slide down to make it work. And keep the hopper full. Google Lee 1000 primer problems for more info.

I sold my 1000 a few years back. I got tired of fighting it all the time. Bought a Dillon. Good luck with yours.

I appreciate that the Lee 1000 fills the bill for a lot of reloaders.  I inherited mine from someone who upgraded.  A few parts were missing and some that weren't didn't work properly.  So I did a culture shift--I ditched everything "Otto" and went "Manuel" instead.  I bought a Lee Perfect Powder Measure and an RCBS hand priming tool.  I don't even use that third hole on the turret.  I'm not cranking out 300 rounds per hour, but I'm making enough for my needs.  :D

• Like 1