Personal Protection in the Home

Guest Phantom6

Guest Phantom6

Austin’s Tennessee Firearms School will be conducting the NRA’s Personal Protection in the Home Class on 23 August at our classroom and range in Oak Ridge.

This course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law. It is much more than just a routine shooting course.

It is important thatparticipants have sufficient maturity and life experiences to be able to assess various situations and make mature decisions. NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home Course participants must be experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course. Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following:

• NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate
  • NRA First Steps Course Certificate
  • NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program (Pistol disciplines)
  • Pistol qualification card
  • Military DD 214 with pistol qualifications
  • Concealed carry permit

Some of the subjects covered in this course are:

• Firearms & the Law: Possession, Ownership & the Use of Deadly Force
  • Selecting a Handgun for Self Defense
  • Introduction to Defensive Shooting
  • Basic Defensive Handgun Skills
  • Strategies for Home Safety & Responding to a Violent Threat

This is NOT, I repeat NOT the standard NRA Basic firearms course. This class teaches you how to survive untill back-up arrives. What's the old saying? Dialing 911 takes seconds. Waiting for the police to arrive could take the rest of your life. This class will give you the tools you need to survive until the professionals arrive or if push comes to shove, take care of the threat to you and your family. This is an 8 hour course with about 50% of the time shooting on the range. You will need 200 hundred rounds of ammunition for your handgun. A basic course syllabus is available on our website.

Class size is limited due to the type of live fire exercises we will be running. If you would like more information PM me or contact us through the contact page on the website or click on this email link- info@firearmsclasses.com .

See you in class.

PS. Don’t forget, TGO members receive a 10% discount.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grimel
Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following:

• NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate
  • NRA First Steps Course Certificate
  • NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program (Pistol disciplines)
  • Pistol qualification card
  • Military DD 214 with pistol qualifications
  • Concealed carry permit

Would a class from another reputable school count?

Guest Phantom6

Depends upon whether I am familiar with the school and the class. You make a good point though. Perhaps I should rethink my wording on this. Since we are going to be running around with loaded handguns I want to make sure that the basics are mastered prior to taking this course. This one is no place to learn the basics of the discipline.

Edited by Phantom6
Exchanged the term shotguns for handguns. Shotgun class is THIS weekend!
  • 3 weeks later...

i have taken the handgun carry class and would like to further my shooting skills and knowledge of personal protection, would you recommend taking this class first or would i be better to start with the NRA basic pistol course ?

Guest grimel
i have taken the handgun carry class and would like to further my shooting skills and knowledge of personal protection, would you recommend taking this class first or would i be better to start with the NRA basic pistol course ?

If you want personal protection skill take the personal protection class. I'm pretty sure Phantom will help with your pistol skills. If nothing else, he has a free clinic monthly for all alumi (that alone is worth taking a class).

• 7 months later...

I'm studing to include the Person Protection series of classes to my resume. These classes are VERY well written and worth every penny no matter who you take them from

In MY opinion, it should almost be required for anyone wanting to carry a gun.