I need a Taurus 62 firing pin

I bought a nice little 22 LR pump Taurus model 62 carbine and it broke after I got it home. What I would call the locking lug broke off. It still shoots but the slide will go back with it ready to fire . I have found one for a Winchester that it is copied after but not sure if it will fit. Has anyone tried the Winchester parts in a Taurus ?

I will try and contact Taurus in the morning but not sure how that will go with it being out of production and me not the original owner . I plan on also contacting Rossi as one bought the other one out on riffles and they might have parts that will fit  it .

Any other suggestions ? Numrich doesn't list it for the Taurus , out of stock on the Rossi but available for the Winchester.

I talked to Taurus and have it packed up to send back. Looks like a 6-8 week turn around time right now. I had hoped I could just send the bolt , but I do have to send the whole rifle back. I am able to send it broken down in the 2 parts so that made finding a box much easier.  Looks like there warranty is for the life of the gun and doesn't matter if you bought it new or used. I have never done a repair with any gun manufacturer so I guess I get to find out how well the warranty at Taurus is . Thanks

Taurus will fix it. It might take a little longer than quoted or you might get it back in 2 weeks. I have found that they are either really quick or really slow. I have had to deal with them on several occassions. And trust me it is better to send the gun back than to order the part. I called and ordered a part I needed and they sent the wrong one.

The rules at the Post Office don't make sense to me . Rifle's can be shipped from an individual to an FFL , as in a sale  or to a Manufacturer for repair. The rifle can be returned directly to me from the manufacturer after repair. But a Pistol MUST be sent from an FFL to an FFL if going Post Office. Pistols can be shipped UPS and maybe Fed Ex for repair but I think they make it go Overnight or second day air.

It was cheaper on me when I sold several pistols , to ship from my local FFL than to go UPS overnight. If it must go to an FFL I don't understand why the Post Office will not ship a pistol. I know it is in the rules and regulations but if it goes to an FFL it is his resposibility to be sure the buyer is able to legally purchase it or pick it up . I should just have to verify it is going to a current FFL dealer.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty happy with Taurus . Fed Ex just brought me the rifle back . Repaired with the broken part and one spring being replaced . Total time from me and back was 2 weeks and 1 day . It does look like it may be an updated part . The old one reminded me of what I call pot metal . It probably wasn't but that is what it looked like. The replacement looks like blued steel .

• Like 1