Got my Tavor

Kunal

RWF: I haven't put any round thru it yet. Hopefully get some range time this weekend. I'll report back.

Congratulations, my friend. He stands corrected, we are putting her through her paces here shortly. Will report back with a range report.

Lock + Load!

• Like 2

Back from the range! 

The recoil is barely existent. I can keep the irons on the target after each round. I had a misfeed but that was due to user error, Cartel can attest to that, hopefully the video got deleted. 

Trigger wasn't bad- its nothing like the Geissele on my SCAR 17- but factory trigger was smooth. Bullpup design fit well, buttstock has good padding. No shells in the face as there is a raised piece by the ejection area that pushes the spent shell forward. Overall, I'm impressed with the initial run. Looking into a RDS, maybe Aimpoint T1/Micro.

Got to try out Cartel's Remi 700- very nice setup! Young lady next to us jumped every shot!

Edited by Kunal

I can attest to Kunal's comments on the rifle. Extremely well built, light, and recoil was nonexistent. Having never shot a bullpup rifle, I was thoroughly impressed. The rifle has my stamp of approval.  :up:

Kunal you will be very happy with it.  I love the hell out of mine.  Don't have a lot of rounds through my FDE yet but am really enjoying it.  Hoping to get it out this weekend and try a buddy of mines YHM 556 Phantom can on it.

• Like 1

Kunal you will be very happy with it.  I love the hell out of mine.  Don't have a lot of rounds through my FDE yet but am really enjoying it.  Hoping to get it out this weekend and try a buddy of mines YHM 556 Phantom can on it.

Verne, I am very pleased with the Tavor. It feels rock solid when held with the "Israeli Grip". I'd love to hear how yours does suppressed. I read about gas blowback and leaking thru the body of the Tavor. It was a topic in the BullPup Forum.

The Israeli grip doesn't work that great for me.  Puts my support hand in a odd position but it is very solid.

I have been following that thread on Bullpup forum.  I think that the one Tavor in question was been run way to wet.  I do think those of us that want to run them suppressed will just have to learn to live with it for now.  It does look like running a .30 cal can works better and that is what I want to end up with. 

I don't know when I will be able to get out to my buddies and try his 5.56 can on it.  Was hoping today but with my truck still in the shop it will probably next weekend.

Guest ThePunisher
Hooray, I picked up my 18" Tavor this morning at D&T Arms. It's a work of beauty and feels lighter than my Steyr Aug 3 CQC. Thanks to David at D&T.
Going to range this weekend.