Keltec PMR30 $499

$85 over MSRP-- glad to see at least that the prices are coming down a little bit... these guns were priced super-stupid about 4-5 months ago. I've seen them for as high as 2 x MSRP.

Thanks for the heads-up-- I really wanted one when they came out, but now they're a little further down on the list due to some of the operational glitches that they've had with the early models. I'll probably wait a little longer before taking the plunge.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

Current MSRP is $415, so only a minimal price increase over the original MSRP last year. The biggest problem with Kel-Tec is that they create some very unique platforms (PMR30, SUB2000, KSG, etc) but they never seem to make it to the streets in any reasonable production numbers. But man-oh-man, do they crank out the P3AT's and P-11's! I see them everywhere.

Edited by tartanphantom

Current MSRP is $415, so only a minimal price increase over the original MSRP last year. The biggest problem with Kel-Tec is that they create some very unique platforms (PMR30, SUB2000, KSG, etc) but they never seem to make it to the streets in any reasonable production numbers. But man-oh-man, do they crank out the P3AT's and P-11's! I see them everywhere.

Absolutely right on that brother. I can find them everywhere.

On the subject of the PMR30, I bought mine just after they came out. Found one in a lgs and he didn't try to rape me on it. It was  right at 450 otd, maybe a few bucks more, but pretty close. I did tell you wrong on the price initially.

Actually saw one on GunBroker sell for ove 1100. Crazy. They are a fun little range toy and outdoor gun, but I souldnt pay more than I did for one.

I've had the opportunity to sell for near 700 a couple of times, but I kinda like it. They do grow on you.

Edited by hipower

I really wish they would make a dedicated 22lr version. I would buy one in a heartbeat if they did. They said they would release a conversion but never a dedicated 22lr version.

They are really lightweight. Can you imagine one with a 2.5" or 3" barrel and a shorter 20 round grip. Would make a great BUG.

I really wish they would make a dedicated 22lr version. I would buy one in a heartbeat if they did. They said they would release a conversion but never a dedicated 22lr version.

They are really lightweight. Can you imagine one with a 2.5" or 3" barrel and a shorter 20 round grip. Would make a great BUG.

Yep, that's another reason I haven't let mine go. Keep hoping to see the 22lr kit. Maybe someday before the next century.

Guest Lester Weevils

Yep, that's another reason I haven't let mine go. Keep hoping to see the 22lr kit. Maybe someday before the next century.

Has yours been reliable and accurate?

It's been pretty good, Lester. I had some feeding problems at first, but cleaning frequently, and a lot of firing has pretty much solved that. Still have a devil of a time getting more than 25/26 rounds in the mags. But heck, I get tired of pulling the trigger at about 15. :cool:

I did get the replacement barrel that was given at first. The one that was supposed to cure the keyholing issue. And I have to say i haven't seen a great deal of difference between the  two. I guess I've shot near 1500 to 2000 rounds thru it. But that was before the cost of the 22mag got out of hand. I'd say it's been 6/8 months since I've taken it out. 

As far as accuracy, I think it's like most of the firearms I own. It is unquestionably more accurate than I am.

Guest Lester Weevils

It's been pretty good, Lester. I had some feeding problems at first, but cleaning frequently, and a lot of firing has pretty much solved that. Still have a devil of a time getting more than 25/26 rounds in the mags. But heck, I get tired of pulling the trigger at about 15. :cool:

I did get the replacement barrel that was given at first. The one that was supposed to cure the keyholing issue. And I have to say i haven't seen a great deal of difference between the  two. I guess I've shot near 1500 to 2000 rounds thru it. But that was before the cost of the 22mag got out of hand. I'd say it's been 6/8 months since I've taken it out. 

As far as accuracy, I think it's like most of the firearms I own. It is unquestionably more accurate than I am.

Thanks HiPower. If one ever appears at a decent price at a local gun store, will be very tempting.

I am a big fan of the .22 WMR round but somehow never caught the PMR30 'fever'.  My thinking was/is that my 6.5 inch Heritage Rough Rider (mine has been a good one) handles my WMR trail/yard gun needs.  I just keep coming back to the idea that if I need more than five rounds of WMR in a full-sized gun then what I really need is a larger caliber gun.  I wouldn't mind having an eight or nine shot snubbie, though.  That hypothetical shorter barreled, 20 round BUG that Dolomite suggested above sounds pretty cool, too.

All that said, I think the RMR30 (the carbine version) sounds like something I would love to have. 

I might have waffled a little on wanting a PMR30 but not while they are still commanding USED prices of $499.  I wouldn't pay any more for a used PMR30 than I'd pay for a used P11 - I just don't want one all that badly.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1